African American Weddings
Options

Joint accounts...

Do you and FI have a joint account now or are you waiting til marriage ?
imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/

Re: Joint accounts...

• Options
    i am sure we would if we lived together

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    We have 1 joint account but it's strictly for the wedding. Our checks and daily transactions still go to our separate accounts. We just use this account and one credit card to track things we spend together- wedding and travel only.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    We got our joint account a few months ago. Right now it is strictly for the wedding. But, we have already discussed it and agreed that after the wedding is over, this will become our joint account that we will use for household bills, vacations, etc... It really has made life a lot easier when it comes to paying deposits for the wedding and such.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    This is something I will bring up with mista after a good meal and some licca lol
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We live together but we do not share an account. Neither of us have ever brought it up either. Once we are married I'm sure we'll have a joint account. I'm a  teller I see umwed couples with joint accounts all the time.
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Options
    We're waiting until after.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We have 2 joint checking accounts and 1 savings account. One checking account is dedicated strictly to bills and our mortgage. The other checking account is our entertainment account. Every time we get paid we both contribute the same amount to that account and that is what we use for anything fun, like movies, dinner, date night, etc. Then the savings account is for the wedding. But we both still have our own personal accounts which our paychecks get deposited.
  • Options

We are waiting until after the wedding

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Me and FI was talking about this because we have been paying for everything with cash wedding related we are just waiting til after the wedding. Just wanted some feedback about it !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    We are getting ready to open up a joint account that is strictly for the wedding. But i think we are allowing our parents to deposit money into it as well since they are helping.. But we talked about this in marriage counseling. We are going to have a joint account after we are married and then a personal account for little stuff like my bad shopping habit. SMH. LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a joint checking and savings account we use to pay household bills and each put into our joint savings. We also maintain separate accounts as well.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

We have separate accounts and 1 Joint checking account that we use for trips and anything fun we're doing together. But after we are engaged and married I’m sure this will become an account used for bills and household expenses.

• Options
    We don't have any accts together.  FI brought it up a couple of months ago.  He thought it would be easier instead of writing me checks.  I handle all the bills and he gives me a check each month.  I told him we should just wait until after the wedding.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Options
    we have seperate accounts but have access to each others accounts and we are one a credit card together

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_joint-accounts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e2f2132a-9e40-4762-92f1-00614415cd74Post:9507d362-3099-478f-b48a-017b52b6670e">Re: Joint accounts...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't have any accts together.  FI brought it up a couple of months ago.  He thought it would be easier instead of writing me checks.  I handle all the bills and he gives me a check each month.  I told him we should just wait until after the wedding.
    Posted by kcc76[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards