African American Weddings
Options

Wedding Accessories???

Now that my planning has to go into high gear, I want to make sure that I have all of the wedding and reception odds and ends I need. I've actually been buying stuff since like January so I think I have a good bit of it, so can you ladies tell me what I'm missing?

Already Purchased
Flower girl basket
Ring bearer pillow
Guestbook & pen
Unity sand vase set
Unity sand
Bubbles for sendoff
Personalized champagne (sparkling grape juice) flutes
Cake cutter/server set
Pool blue silk rose petals
Cake topper
Broom (for jumping)
My dress
My slip
My shoes
Strapless bra
Flower for my hair
Michaels invitation kits
Favor boxes
Garter set
Thank you cards

Things I Need to Purchase
Aisle runner
Favors to go in boxes
Program fans

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Wedding Accessories???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your jewelry? Have your attendants gotten their attire yet? Are you doing save-the-dates? Centerpieces? You really were on it girl...I'm drawing a blank. I will come back if I think of anything else.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow... you are waaaay further along than I am... *takes notes*
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you are making me feel ashamed of my un-accomplishments. LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

@eagles, my jewelry will be my something old and something borrowed, so that's taken care of. My sis has her dress already and my cousin is ordering her dress next week. I decided to drop my other bm since I haven't asked her yet and now we're getting married sooner. I think it's too late for save the dates since we'll be getting married the summer. I figured I'll send out invites sometime in May. If I get my venue I want I don't have to worry about centerpieces because they provide those.

**EDIT** I gotta find a date the guys can get their tuxedos from the formalwear outlet soon.

@Pasma & Desi, I've been in wedding planning overload since I've been jobless. Planning this wedding became my fulltime job, so it worked out great that we're moving the date up now. My FI, fam, and friends that I had lost my mind buying all this stuff so early. lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    have you picked a new date yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Pasma, not yet. I'm pretty much open to whatever Friday, Saturday, or Sunday the venue has open this July. I'm secretly hoping for July 2 though. I think I'll call the venue later today to see what they have open so I can plan all I can before Sunday comes around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That makes sense. I hope they have something open for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Something for your table numbers?
    That's what I'm shopping for now, so that's on my mind..lol

Also, if you're going to do July 2nd, you might want to check with your vendors and make sure you're not going to get charged extra since that's July 4th weedkend. It was going to cost us an extra $500 to do Memorial weekend. I never even checked with my other vendors cuz that $500 helped us make a QUICK decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG...you are less than three months out. Your venue may actually DISCOUNT you...some of the venues that I looked into were much less expensive if you booked "last minute" maybe because they otherwise probably wouldn't book the date.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good point Eagles. I was not able to work any deals because I booked far in advance. We tried, but basically that's what they told us. I hope they will give you a good deal :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @star, I know the venue I have in mind doesn't charge extra for holiday weekends because our original date was July 2, 2011.  But thanks for the headsup.

@eagles, I never thought about extra discounts because it's last minute. I gotta ask about that!

You ladies are so helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards