African American Weddings
Options

African American Officiants

When I asked FH what type of officiant he wanted, he was very specific:  Black, female, 40-50s, no accent, not trying to be a comedian. 

Yeesh.  Needless to say we've been to a lot of badly-officiated weddings and he didn't want that to be our experience.

Does anyone have any info on this type of officiant?  We are in South Florida.  All the searching I've done so far has only garnered very religious officiants or Latin ones.

Any help is certainly appreciated!

P.S. We are not religious and do not attend church.  Thanks!

Re: African American Officiants

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_african-american-officiants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e4263fe0-1297-4ea5-a358-e06807020676Post:59f32282-4673-4756-b238-85d2dfca7010">African American Officiants</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I asked FH what type of officiant he wanted, he was very specific:  <strong><em>Black, female, 40-50s, no accent, not trying to be a comedian. </em></strong> Yeesh.  Needless to say we've been to a lot of badly-officiated weddings and he didn't want that to be our experience. Does anyone have any info on this type of officiant?  We are in South Florida.  All the searching I've done so far has only garnered very religious officiants or Latin ones. Any help is certainly appreciated! P.S. We are not religious and do not attend church.  Thanks!
    Posted by mrswaynelewis[/QUOTE]

No.. not specific at all.. ha... I am sure the ladies will be able to help you.. or guide you in the right direction
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Look for a black female pastors/ministers in the area...ask your church-going friends. 

Also, can you have someone you know/trust become ordained online and perform the ceremony for you?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_african-american-officiants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e4263fe0-1297-4ea5-a358-e06807020676Post:cf46178b-3d12-4def-b330-a685f7dc830a">Re: African American Officiants</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look for a black female pastors/ministers in the area...ask your church-going friends.  Also, can you have someone you know/trust become ordained online and perform the ceremony for you?
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

These are great options.. my dad is a Deacon and he is getting ordained so he can perform our ceremony in Vegas..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I feel for you. This was the hardest task to complete for us...I still SMH just thinking about it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    lol your FI is funny! search officiating companies via wedding wire
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards