African American Weddings
Options

Ask luckyinloveaz Anything

Ok Jess...youre up!

Ladies, you are free to ask Jess anything...WR or NWR...

This post will be up all week.

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Ask luckyinloveaz Anything

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be? What about if you had three words to describe your FI? How would your FI describe you?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you could take a trip anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

• Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

3 words to describe myself would be....
                           LOUD, STRONG and LOVEABLE

3 words that FI would use to describe me would be...
                          CRAZY, HORNY, and FORGETFUL

3 words to describe FI would be...
                          HARDWORKING, STRONG, and FAMILY ORIENTED

:)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If I could go anywhere I would want to go to Jamaica. Never been there before by seeing movies and pictures it's just so beautiful,  laying out by the water sipping on some fruity drinks would be FABULOUS. Touring the islands would be so much fun and would make for some great pics:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you could have your dream wedding, even if it were on a budget, where would it be? What is your vision for it? Also, what is your vision for your marriage?  Where do you see your married life in say...10 years?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dream wedding I know this may sound dumb but its just going to Vegas, just FI and I all alone, getting married and enjoying us. Just having a simple ceremony shoot I would even go for a drive thru wedding lol, having a nice dinner in our suite with some music, a hot tub, dessert and no interuptions.

My vision for our marriage, is to always be in LOVE, always knowing that we have eachothers back in good and in bad. That we show the world happy marriages do exist. That communication, honesty, and the love we have for one another grows with each passing day.

Where do I see us in 10yrs, we would have renewed our vows at our 5th & 10th anniversary. Just had a talk with FI that I would like that to be something we do every 5 yrs go off to vegas just me and him. (vegas) can you tell its really something I wanna do lol:) My little one will be 17 by then so Im sure we will have alot of time to enjoy eachother and go on trips:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you could do anything for FI as a wedding gift, what would you do (give) and why?
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name a personality quirk that you despise in others and one that you would like to change about yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Besides getting engaged, what has been your most memorable moment with your FI? Why?
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who is your hero and why?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If I could give FI a wedding gift what would it be and why..

This is a easy one, if I was able to go down to court and change his visitation for his 13yr old son. I would do it in a heartbeat. His relationship with his baby momma is there is none. They dont talk ever!! The woman is far from right with my FI and her own family. So if I could go myself and get things changed for him I would. So he can spend more time with him. Shoot were not even sure she will let him come to the wedding. Im really dreading this, and FI getting upset on our day.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A personality quirk that I cant stand in others is when people are NOSY!! If I wanted to tell you I would, dont ask me or try and go around it to find out what you want. My FSIL does this and it drives me crazy, she will call me then call FI to see what he says, sometimes neither one of us answers the phone. lol

Something I would change about myself is, sometimes im to quiet or stay to myself more than the average person. I like having "ME" time and some dont get that. I enjoy my Sundays right now FI works and when my boys are with their dad I get to hang out alone, watch tv just relax. Dont wanna go anywhere, just chill :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Most memorable moment with FI and why...

I guess I would have to say it was our 1st date:) Why because it was the best date I had ever been on. Im very easy to please doesnt take much lol.
    FI picked me up at my house, we went to dinner at TGI Fridays, FI was so nervous and I was so calm:) Dinner was lovely, then we decided to take a drive up to Mt Lemmon. Being up on the mountain looking down on the city lights, was beautiful I had never been there at night. It was just romantic, and I could see he was really into me. Him being nervous and forgetting his phone at home and not wanting to drive back so he wouldnt be late in picking me up was just so cute. He opened doors for me, pulled out my chair it was just something I had never had a guy do before. A real gentleman:)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Who's my hero and why...

My hero would definitely be my MOMMA:) Today is actually her bday too!!!

My mom raised 5 kids on her own for quite sometime, worked 2 jobs for a couple months as well. She always made sure we had what we needed and showed us each and everyday that she loved us. She's a very strong woman and showed us the right's and wrong's. Loving us no matter what we did even when it wasn't the right thing:) She kept going after my brother passed away, Im sure having us girls helped her along the way. Up to this day she is very active in what we do and maintains that momma LOVE!!

I having 2 boys have a great example of how a momma should be:)

• Options
    edited December 2011

Do you and FI want to have any more kids?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do we want to have more kids...

No I had my tubes tied after I had my 7yr old. We have talked about it, of course I have my times where I want another one but its only for a quick min. lol  We actually even looked into how much a reversal would be. Were good how we are now, my oldest will be 16 in 2mths, his son is 13yrs old and my little one just turned 7yrs old. I never got a daughter but my puppy Asali makes up for that. I also have 4 beautiful neices!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Which celebrity would you love to sock in the right eye and why ?

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

lol:)  which celeb would I want to sock, hmmm there are a couple but the 1st that came to mind was..

Chris Brown the nerve of him to put a finger on that girl (Rhianna). He needs a taste of his own medicine!!

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR:  (sorry if you've answered some of these over the past few months!)

Can you post a pic of how you want to wear your hair on your wedding day?

Who is walking you down the aisle?

You said your mom raised you and your siblings - is your dad in your life and if so, is he coming to the wedding and are you doing a father/daughter dance?

What bridesmaid dress did you decide on?  Can you post a pic?

NWR:

What is your dream job?

If you could live anywhere in the world (no budget issues) where would you live?

At what age do you and your FI want to retire?

What is your favorite food?

Where's your favorite store to buy cute clothes?

OK I think I'm done for now!  LOL
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR:

-my hair im not sure yet, I have a couple pics in my bio

- my oldest son Dres will be walkin me down the aisle

-my biological father is not in the picture, my mom remarried when we were teenagers. my step dad will be there, but i will not be doing a father daughter
    dance

- bridesmaids dresses are still up in the air (I know time is running out) my MOH has her dress tho

NWR:

- my dream job is what I am currently doing. I run my own daycare my youngest is 1 and oldest is 3yrs old

- if I could live anywhere I would move to NYC, I have been there only once and loved it, that week was the best ever. I would move there in a heartbeat, the shopping, the city life, big buildings, the stars, etc..

- my FI is 10yrs older than I am, so I am assuming he will have retired long before me. Im hoping to be able to retire in my 60's if not by the time I hit 60. I would like to travel and enjoy the older yrs:)

- my favorite food is pizza and chicken, I could eat that everyday. I do love to cook tho so Im always making new things

- favorite stores to buy cute clothes at I have a couple forever 21, dilliards, macys, love couture, h&m I could go on and on :)
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for answering my 50-11 questions Jess!  LOL

I am not doing a father/daughter dance either.  My dad will be there, but we're not close and he has been saying some off-the-wall stuff lately so his dance has officially been cancelled...

I love NYC too but it's just too dang expensive there!  

H&M is also one of my favorite stores and I don't think they have one here in Cincinnati (at least I haven't found one yet) so I'm sad.... :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cincy Im sure H&M will be there soon, we have one in Phx 1 1/2hr away, the 1st time I went to that store was in NYC when I visited my sister. Happy news is that were getting one hopefully it will open by the end of this month in one of our malls here! Cant wait:)

NYC is expensive but its just so FAB, Im a big city girl deep down inside, living in the desert of Az (lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards