Washington-Seattle

help with seattle vendors.

hey girls,

i'm getting married to a seattle native in october of next year.
we nailed down the ceremony and reception site however, i'm having a hard time figuring out the other details. are there any recommendations out there for a caterer, florist, cake maker, and photographer? his mom and dad live in seattle and i love their input but wouldn't mind others. its difficult for either of us to get up to seattle b/c we're both in the navy! i'd appreciate any type of feedback!!

Re: help with seattle vendors.

• edited December 2011
    Hi, first of all congratulations!  There are a lot of options in the Seattle area but much of it will be dictated by budget.  it also depends on what is most important to you (i.e. food, photographer, decor, etc.).  We spent a large part of our budget on pictures which we felt was the most important thing.  Where are you having your wedding at?  Here are some choices to get you started.

Photographer:
    -Azzura Photography: this is our photographer but they are definately not the economical option.  Check out their blog.  Their pics are amazing!  www.azzuracafe.com.

-John and Joseph Photography: These guys are great!  They do a lot of light manipulation and create the most amazing moods in their pics and have won many awards.

-Jenny GG: I don't have firsthand experience with this photographer but she is a favorite on this board. 

Florist:

-Details Florist: This is my florist and I really love her.  Her personality is so awesome and she helps you focus on putting all your ideas together so they look good.  And she's very reasonbly priced.

-Flora Nova: These guys have the most beautiful stuff on their website but I don't have firsthand experience with them.

DJ:

Events NW: Though these guys have had mixed reviews on this board, I have personally seen them in action at a friend's wedding.  If you specifically ask for Troy McVicker and Scott Branson, they are hilarious!  When we first met them, I was a little apprehensive but I am positive they are going to be great.  Their core skill is one of them is a DJ and the other is an MC.  They are ech very good at what they do. 

I hope this helps you get started a little.  I recommend looking on here when knotties post their reviews for their vendors.  Good luck!
  • cupid534cupid534 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tcook. thank you so very much for taking the time to type all those out!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oops i forgot to write..we're having the ceremony at st. james cathedral and the reception at knights of columbus hall.
  • edited December 2011
    Cupid, what a beautiful church!  It's really close to my home.  :)  I'm glad you liked the post.  I hope they help.  I almost forgot:

Catering:

-Ravishing Raddish: they do a great job and have frequent tastings. 

-Brown's Catering: I've heard they do a good job and are pretty reasonably priced. 

Have a Merry Christmas!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome!! 

we have a vendor review page on our seattle bio if you'd like to take a look.
     I can suggest the vendors that I'm using. 

Photo: jennygg.com
    catering: brownscatering1972.com

florist: sharon d with perfect petal is very reasonably priced. there are tons of different choices. we are using pike place flowers.

dj: jeff hill is pretty popular among the seattle knotties. i'm using him. :)

cake: kelli morse from kelliscakecreations.com. Her cakes are amazing. 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll add a few more, if you're on a budget:

C2 Photography (they're newer but seem great so far)

Seasoned in Seattle Catering (really nice and affordable)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! Ditto Sara, but I'll throw in my caterer as well: Chef Bert . He's similar to Brown's in the sense that he does all-inclusive catering (pricing includes dishes, glasses, servers, silverware, etc) except the linens are the only thing not included, but he does offer rental for that at a good price.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you guys so much for the help!
  • ghbrideghbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used