African American Weddings

tyswife**

Hi Darling,

I mostly lurk now of days, but I saw your post the other day. I hope you are feeling better. I'm not sure why you are so stressed, being that you have a planner??She should be the one having sleepless nights!  But I wish you the very best. As far as venues', think outside the box. I found my venue and it wasn't even really a wedding venue. But it was affordable, off the beach and again, AFFORDABLE :)

Anyway, I hope all is well. Hang in there! I heard from previous brides "it will all be worth it int the end" - I hope they are telling the truth! :)

P.S. Don't let the pressure of all this wedding stuff get to you and FI's relationship. When I felt that coming along, I took FI over to his older aunts house, and we chatted with her and I asked her to pray for us. I just wanted to break the tension. After all, this wedding stress is so that WE can eventually have an amazing wedding day! I couldn't let it break us you know? So anyway, good luck darling! I'll be happily lurking!

Bran

Re: tyswife**

• edited December 2011
    Amen Brandi. Stop lurking girl! LOL.
  • edited December 2011
    HAHA Pasma! I do plan to post more, now that all my big stuff is out of the way. What's going on MIABRIDENTAMPA girl?!
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww...thanks so much for those encouraging words.

FI is opening a restaurant so he has been dealing with that stress, plus me with the planning and it just seems like any little thing can make either one of us trigger. I have been pretty sad for the past week and I am finding it hard to have to deal with this but I know it will all blow over.

As far as the planner goes, shes doing NOTHING for me but causing me additional stress, however, I feel obligated to use her but I may have to let her go...AGAIN! I feel like I can do this on my own and can use the person who is in charge of whatever venue we choose as my DOC.

The planner is NOT listening to me...I told her no hotel but she is trying to push that on me. I told her that I dont want to go to anymore bridal shows, she is adament about me going.

I just dont know what to do! I am right back in the same situation with her...

I dont know...its just a lot to deal with right now...my focus right now though is to make sure that FI and I are back on the right track.

Thank you so much of thinking about me...I really appreciate it!

And STOP LURKING!!!   Laughing
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011

Oh wow! I hope everything goes well with the new business! That's exciting and stressful at the same time! Yes, I think you should kick ol girl to the curve. Bridal shows and receptions and hotels - umm if that is not what you want, and this is something that she WANTS, then you two don't mesh and she should just go away and stres another bride out. LOL Fire her before it's too late..LOL

I'm out oflurk mode! :)

• TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am hoping for the best as well...I understand that you are trying to make a better living for your family BUT that doesnt mean to bring that sh*t home...ya know?

Ol girl just left me a message yesterday...and she mentioned that she was at Universal Studios but she didnt care...call her anyway...she wanted to know how everything was going....UM....NO!

Clearly we dont mess but a part of me feels bad to have to let her go because she is offering her services free...

Sooooooooooooo...I am confused
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards