African American Weddings

Photographer Problems

I thought I had a photographer lined up...  she is a friend of a friend.  I have decided to start my search again.  Two reasons why I am not using her (1) She told me one price and then decided to change the price. (double)  (2) She told my friend to tell me about the price change.  My friend is one of my bridesmaid, but this still does not give the photographer the right to discuss my price with her.  Am I wrong? Should I continue my search? The package she offered is great, but I just feel I need to move on.  What do you ladies think?

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Photographer Problems

• TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep searching. Obviously she has NO professionalism. You don't need to be worried about stuff like this. Make sure you have a contract with all vendors, friend or otherwise. Call her and tell her you will no longer need her services. Or you can tell your BM to tell her, but that is the b!tch in me so don't take the later advice.
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely not use her - that was so not professional to discuss the price with anyone else without your permission regardless of who referred you to her. You are not wrong at all. As far as the price change - I believe they can change it as much as they want until you sign the contract, then it's set in stone - but if they want your business it's probably not a smart move to increase the prices after they have given you a quote
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_photographer-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:efcbcfa6-3345-43e2-bda5-f60d004a4f47Post:12344ee8-2915-4bc8-bb80-da509a087f1d">Re: Photographer Problems</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keep searching. Obviously she has NO professionalism. You don't need to be worried about stuff like this. Make sure you have a contract with all vendors, friend or otherwise. Call her and tell her you will no longer need her services. Or you can tell your BM to tell her, but that is the b!tch in me so don't take the later advice.
    Posted by TNMurray[/QUOTE]

THIS for sure!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_photographer-problems?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:efcbcfa6-3345-43e2-bda5-f60d004a4f47Post:175a2b18-9ef7-48ff-bb1a-3ab582c9108a">Re: Photographer Problems</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would definitely not use her - that was so not professional to discuss the price with anyone else without your permission regardless of who referred you to her. You are not wrong at all. As far as the price change - I believe they can change it as much as they want until you sign the contract, then it's set in stone - but if they want your business it's probably not a smart move to increase the prices after they have given you a quote
    Posted by hatroopes[/QUOTE]

This!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She has already shown that she is not a reliable business partner - keep it moving! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your gut tells you to keep moving I would for sure keep moving. I would do what hatroopes thinks might not be cool and relay the message through your friend seeing as how she seems to think its okay.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • edited December 2011
    Please keep it moving! I had problems with my Photographer and you want someone that you can depend on.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    I would search around. Very unprofessional & inconsistent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards