2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Week - Ksk2012

• edited December 2011

1.     First Name & Fiance's First Name

Kindra & Dave

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age
    Me: October 8, 1979 -32 Dave: September 30, 1978 – 33 Yes,  a week a part!!!

3. City Born In?

Los Angeles!!!

4. City Live in?

Los Angeles

5. Where did you go to college?

San Diego State University – SDSU!!!!!! Gooooo Aztecs!

6. What was your major?

Liberal Studies- Education

7. What is your current job?

Fourth grade teacher and I am currently looking for a part time seasonal job!

8. What is your dream job?

Working as a resource person for women and children that need services. Really, helping people change their lives

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

Some friends introduced us in college at a fight party. He said hello, nice to meet you and drove off. The following semester we had a class together and I remembered him and struck up a conversation. He says that night he had no idea they were trying to “hook” us up! I believe him. LOL

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

We got engaged May 27, 2008 ~ He proposed at my house, while I was getting ready for bed. Had on my cotton nightgown from WalMart and the headscarf and here he was getting down on one knee.  Unexpected!. Then we broke up about  a year later. A few months after that we got back together. He proposed again on my birthday with a new ring!. I was in the bed then, probably the same pajamas, too! I gave the first ring back.

11. When is the Wedding Day?

April 7, 2012the day before Easter

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

The Reef in Long Beach (both)

13. What are your wedding colors?

Is it wrong to have four colors? LOL Red and Black (our school colors) White and Silver. Really the only white is my dress and the linens. Silver is the accent color.

14. Where are you honeymooning?

Today the honeymoon is planned for San Francisco- if the budget changes then we’ll see

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    The Reef--- it is like a wedding one stop shop. They do weddings all day and night so everything is easy.  They answer emails, return calls.. so far so good.

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

My dress. I wanted something nice but priced right. The dress wasn’t expensive but it was more than I wanted to pay.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

All my family and friends. An unlimited guest list!

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

Hmmm I don’t know. Maybe Cat’s because she is in the bay… not too far from me.. and because I know the shoes will be fabulous

19. Favorite book?

I love the Yada Yada Prayer Group Series, and one of my favorite authors is Sophie Kinsella – the Shopoholic series!

20. Favorite movie?

All time: Pretty Woman      A holiday Classic: This Christmas - that baby oil and that belt gets me every time!

21. Favorite tv show?

Grey’s Anatomy

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

I don’t have one. I got my dress from Alfred Angelo- the sales people were nice, they had a lot of different dresses and out of all the places I felt the most comfortable there!

23. Any advice you can give?

Ask God to grant you favor. That you will be seen as favorable to others and you will see others a favorable too. I believe in favor!

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

I love my venue but I wouldn’t mind switching. This other place we looked at didn’t have a water front view, but the cost wasn’t per person and we probably could have invited more people. But I love the water and The Reef has an awesome view!

25. Share something about yourself!!

I am so excited to be Knottie of the week. I cannot wait until Christmas Break so I can work full time on planning!!  I have been super busy and haven’t been on the boards in a week or so, but I think this is a good  reason to come back! I have missed you all and all the wedding details!! You can ask me anything and I will pretty much tell you!!! Happy planning ladies!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LOL at the pajamas. See that man loves you beyond the outside appearance!

If the budget changes where do you want to honeymoon?

Any kids? any plans for kids?
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Also what are your wedding colors? Do you have a theme?
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing Kindra!!! We have a lot in common, besides our first name being the same. I love love love PRETTY WOMEN....I can watch it all day long. 

We also looked in THE REEF for having our wedding and it is beautiful.  The only reason we didnt book it was because we thought it was sort of far. I cant wait to see how pretty your pictures turn out. EVERYTHING about THE REEF is just beautiful.

Also have you looked in CRYSTAL STAIRS as a place you may want to work.  I worked for a sister company (CCRC in the valley) a few years ago and its helping women and kids who are on AFDC transition into school and work to get off the county. Its rewarding but the pay wasnt soo much.
  • edited December 2011
    MrsBoss2012 - so the colors are red, black, white, and silver. The overall theme is love and partyyyyy! LOL My focus has been not so much on the wedding ceremony part but the reception.. I want it to be fun, really fun! I figure weddings are pretty standard and the variety comes in during the reception!!

No kids, we do want kids, we would both be ready on April 8th ( the day after) but we may wait a year or so. I am 32 and would like at least two and I don't want stair step kids.. at nine months you have another kid back to back.. That would be too much! LOL I dont think I could handle having a nine month old and being preggers again.  I think we would like to waitat least two years between. If we can!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Misskin-- That is funny that you love Pretty Woman. I so could watch it all day too.

So the Reef was kid of far at first. My fiance said he didn't think his grandma would b able to come to Long beach, but eventually we were sold on te convenience and price!

I looked at Crystal Stairs some years ago, but I haven't looked again. I plan to start hunting as soon as this wedding is over. Right now I have been interviewing for seasonal part time work. I got hired at Costco, they just have to wait three days for the background check. I don't have a background so I will pass.

I love the planning but I realized there are so many things I stopped doing because of the wedding!

How is your planning coming along?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kindra!  So nice to meet you!  You have the same birthday as my Nephewson (he's my nephew and Godson).   I'm actually getting a Masters of Arts in Teaching right now for special ed.  

How long have you been teaching?   What subjects do you teach?
    Do you have any siblings?  If so, where do you fall in line?
    Also, do you have a bridal party?  If so, how many?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    ejagers : Nice to meet you too!!! I have been teaching for 5 years, wait maybe 6. I taught middle school my first year teaching. Never had a desire to teach middle school, the job just came. That was hard. Mainly because I had no experience teaching middle school at all! But now I teach fourth grade, all subjects, regular ed. I teach at a private school.  I actually started to get my credential/masters in education and realized through that program that I wanted to work more in the community and have more of an effect on the community as a whole. So I left that program and got my masters in Organizational Management. I wouldn't mind going back to get my administrative credential and maybe working in admin or for a school district one day!

What subject areas do you want to or are you teaching? Elementary special education?

I do have siblings, So my dad has six kids and I am the youngest of the oldest set. I am my mom's only child.  He was married a few times. LOL

I am closest to my older sisters that are 10 and 15 years older than me. They will serve as my Matron of Honor and bridesmaid. Then my niece, 16, she will also be a bridesmaid. It will be a small wedding party, mainly because I couldn't decide between friends... do I choose the college girls, or the ones I have met post college or what? Too many people to flake on me possibly, so I just chose my family!

I LOVE THE QUESTIONS.. KEEP THEM COMING!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

@ Kindra
    Well I will be getting my certification/ Masters in modified special education k-12.  So this might be a resource class or mixed class with mild to moderate disabilities.   However, when I am able to sit in a comprehensive multiple disabilities class and observe the atmosphere, I really enjoy it.  Knowing the state of Tennessee (Memphis in particular) I probably will be able to teach resource and self- contained moderate to severe disability classes. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    wow I admire all the special education teacher! My hat's off to you!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-week-ksk2012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:f377c1b0-64ab-4cc0-84c1-3197d99360b7Post:6498bfc8-b105-47dc-805f-382a72e28f84">Re: Knottie of the Week - Ksk2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kindra!  So nice to meet you!  You have the same birthday as my<strong> Nephewson (he's my nephew and Godson)</strong>.   I'm actually getting a Masters of Arts in Teaching right now for special ed.   How long have you been teaching?   What subjects do you teach? Do you have any siblings?  If so, where do you fall in line? Also, do you have a bridal party?  If so, how many?
    Posted by ejagers[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL I love it! I didn't know that's what you called them. I have a neicedaughter lol</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Kindra! I'm so glad to know you found your dress! Do you have a big wedding party? Have you considered starting your own non-profit?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • edited December 2011
    That is funny too.. I have a nephewson too.. I forgot to mention that!

So I have thought about it. My sister really wants to start one and has a great name.. Givers of Life Foundation, but she isn't quite sure what she wants to do. We are still working out our game plan for it.

Nope  a small wedding party- 2 sisters and a niece. I couldn't decide between my friends, I didn't want to have an issue and I know I can count on my sisters! You know how people can sometimes be!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kindra! I enjoyed reading! You got me laughing at the scene on This Christmas! lol Clever but brutal...lol  I like your colors! What colors will the bridesmaids wear? Any idea regarding honeymoon locations?My fiance' teaches 9-12 science and it is really challenging. I commend all of you teachers!  You will soon be in the double digits as well, your wedding is soon after mines!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    japonica334

I love the scene!! We are thinking of San Francisco.. we are in Los Angeles so the flights are cheap. Dave would love to drive the five to six hours ( he wants to see California) but I think flying would be better!!

They are going to wear black... My mom doesn't want them to because the wedding is midday but black is easy, everyone looks great in it, and you can wear it again. So black it is!!

What about you, what are your colors and honeymoon location? Are you ready?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

@Kindra- I am sooo ready! I was actually feeling like I was way behind in planning, but the more I talk to my mom about it, she picks me up and makes me realize everything is where it should be, and that helps aloooot!  Great family support:)

My colors are coral, cream, gold and accent color of olive green. My girls are wearing coral. Honeymoon location we are not sure just yet, it may have to be pushed to the summer, but immediately after the wedding we may consider a weekend(or longer) getaway maybe to Atlanta or somewhere close. Just to celebrate and spend time together.
    But during the summer, he is talking about Barbados, but honestly I would love to go to Disneyworld for a week....lol kid at heart I guess?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Kindra.. nice to meet you.
     Coming from a nice sized family, how many kids do you want? 
    How is it being a 4th grade teacher? 
    How long have you and your fi been together?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards