African American Weddings
Options

Southern Wedding

I am having my wedding in Texas in the Middle of July. To avoid having my guests melt during my outtdoor ceremony. I would love to do fans.The question is what type fo fan-church fan or sandlwood fan?

Re: Southern Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to save on programs, you can do a paddle fan which doubles as a program. I've been to one wedding outside here in Ohio..it was not so bad but the bride did have a table setup after the ceremony with cold lemonade.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_southern-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f38393b4-4dc8-4c5e-a81f-f03a8084e988Post:9bd85e02-e5b3-4754-9c70-ced8f8634a8b">Re: Southern Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want to save on programs, you can do a paddle fan which doubles as a program. I've been to one wedding outside here in Ohio..it was not so bad but the bride did have a table setup after the ceremony with cold lemonade.
    Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I was thinking when I voted for the personalized church fans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i voted sandlewood because the scent of it would be very refreshing in summer along with some cold  drinks.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_southern-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:f38393b4-4dc8-4c5e-a81f-f03a8084e988Post:63c914e2-1609-4053-93dc-9033aac4ee78">Re: Southern Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]i voted sandlewood because the scent of it would be very refreshing in summer along with some cold  drinks.
    Posted by rodeo417[/QUOTE]
    ^^^^ This i was at a wedding about 2 yrs ago that was outdoors in the summer.....it was sweltering hot....we were under a tent that had fans blowing...but they also had sandlewood fans and had ushers passing out bottles of ice cold water that had the programs on the labels of the water bottle....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sandlewood is the way to go you can DIY too. At least that is my plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards