African American Weddings

Addressing STDs?

When you all sent out Save the Date postcards - how did you put the addresses on them?  Did you use labels, handwrite them, get calligraphy? 

Our STDs are coming in soon, so we're thinking of a plan of attack so we can get the addresses done quickly and easily.  We have about 150 to address/mail.

Also, did you all just put postcard stamps on them yourself or did you take all of them to the post office and have them stamp/mail them?

Thanks!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Addressing STDs?

• ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wrote them. It wasn't worth it to me to spend the $ to have someone else do it. My postcards already had the lines for the address so it wasn't too bad. I used the regular postcard stamps (they should really design something other than the polar bear).
  • edited December 2011

I got the oversided glossy STD postcards printed from VistPrint with the white backing and I mailed them in envelopes.  I guess I didn't want our faces traveling all over the country,  LOL....I also used clear labels and printed them myself.  Our postage was $44 for 100 STD.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_addressing-stds-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f7112c22-1bb0-4ff5-81c7-a2a8e74bca09Post:b8f4d4ac-e694-4b00-88e9-08d95cac286f">Re: Addressing STDs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just wrote them. It wasn't worth it to me to spend the $ to have someone else do it. My postcards already had the lines for the address so it wasn't too bad. <strong>I used the regular postcard stamps (they should really design something other than the polar bear).
    </strong>Posted by ufsweetiebear[/QUOTE]

Say that again....I used the polar bear for our RSVP postcards and wasn't happy about it.  However, I quickly jumped into reality after giving the post office more money, because of the weight and size of the invitations. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! My postcards come with lines for the address also, so I'm a little worried about using labels. That is unless we use white labels, but I'll bet you can still see the lines behind the label, which I wouldn't like. I guess we will write ours. We found a really cheap person to do calligraphy, but it's only cheap if we use her once - for the invitations. LOL So right now it seems like we may be handwriting these bad boys. Oh well. I'm staring to get "whatever" about some wedding stuff, which is odd considering I have like 10 months to go. :) Oh by the way, I looked up postcard stamps online, and now USPS has Gulf Coast lighthouse stamps: https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10052&productId=10001905&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=&parent_category_rn=10000002&categoryId=10000021&top_category=10000002
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hello ladies!!!!
    I am going to hand write them , I do not want to spend the extra money or time for labels.

Happy Planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Labels but it was on envelops. We used the Magnets from Vista Print.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards