Washington-Seattle
Options

Oil Spill???

Where exactly is the oil spill on the beaches in Mexico? I know the oil spill is really bad. I am very passionate about animals and the earth. But since I have a family I am not able to help with this problem except charity. So I really try not to pay attention and ignore because it makes me so upset I cant help. If I had no kids I would totalling be at the coast washing up all the animals in dawn :) Anyhow so can anyone tell me if us honeymonners will see it. We are staying just outside of Mazatlan.

Re: Oil Spill???

• Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where exactly is the oil spill on the beaches in Mexico? I know the oil spill is really bad. I am very passionate about animals and the earth. But since I have a family I am not able to help with this problem except charity. So I really try not to pay attention and ignore because it makes me so upset I cant help. If I had no kids I would totalling be at the coast washing up all the animals in dawn :) Anyhow so can anyone tell me if us honeymonners will see it. We are staying just outside of Mazatlan.

• Options
    edited December 2011

It is very sad, but you're honeymoon should be oil-free.  Mazatlan is on the Pacific side, not the Gulf side of Mexico. 

Here is an interesting map I found, though...

http://gomex.erma.noaa.gov/erma.html#x=-90.42000&y=28.03000&z=4&layers=3023+3813+3795+497

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The whole thing with the spill pisses me off.  How can we drill when we don't have a way to plug up something like this??  I realize I'm probably sounding really ignorant by saying this, but I'm appalled that there is no plan in place for what to do in such an event. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    me too tygirl!! I really hate talking about the subject because I really know nothing about it except it is pumping out a bazillion gallons into our ocean. It really pains me just to think about all those poor sea creature or any animal affected by the spill.

Thanks tv gal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards