African American Weddings
Options

Flower Bummer...kinda long

So we went to our floral sample appointment last night and NOTHING was like I wanted. I envisioned 4 cobalt blue vases in various heights with purple and blue flowers (each vase would a different flower). Surrounding the vases would be blue votives candles. I'm thinking garden party using flowers you picked in vases you found around the house. This was discussed at our initial appointment.

Well...when we got there there were square vases with blue colored water and white votive candles around it. Which looked way too modern for me. The florist said he had a hard time finding the vases I wanted in a reasonable size and didn't have the chance to order the blue votives.

Long story short...I was very disappointed, but it takes me awhile to process everything so I was quietly looking at the centerpieces and trying not to freak out. Fortunately my wonderful FI spoke up and said he knew I wasn't happy. This opened the flood gates and I expressed my vision (again..did this at our first appt) and I think the florist got it and we picked out new vases and will still use the deep blue water and he will get the blue votive candles. The actual flowers were perfect..purple and blue hydrangeas, purple delphiniums and purple lisianthius.

But I won't get another sample appointment before the wedding and just have to hope everything turns out well. I was just really excited to finally see my vision and I didn't realize how important the flowers were to me until I didn't see that vision. I know it will be OK at the end....just had to have a vent/freak out moment...Thanks!!
~ Planning Bio~
~ Married Bio~
~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
All You Need Is Love....

Re: Flower Bummer...kinda long

• Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if you loved the flowers themselves, I think the rest is the easiest part to change.  Good luck, I"m sure it'll end up being better then you initially pictured! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry it wasn't what you envisioned. But everything is going to be fine. Knottie Vibes for a great turn out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you like the flowers themselves. And so happy your Fi spoke up for you. So sweet!
    Did you see the new vases and blue votives? Maybe if you see them you will feel more comfortable... Maybe a picture once he buys them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for the knottie vibes! I'm sure it will look great and plus on my wedding day the centerpieces will be the last thing on my mind.

@mypasmita: I got to see pictures of the vases in the catalog and they looked nice. They will order them a couple weeks before my wedding and my planner is going to go and take a picture for me.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I meet with our florist for the first time next week.so I hope they'll be able to envision my flowers too.  Your FI did a wonderful thing by speaking up in order to ensure you're happy!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that you were a little disappointed.  I really hope that everything works out fine in the end.  You just reminded me that I need to meet with my florist soon to look at the centerpieces. ((((Knottie Vibes))))) your way for a happy outcome in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards