Washington-Seattle

Rant: STDs

We found a design we liked and they had matching invites and STDs, but the colors weren't how we liked.  I broke my rule and we asked FBIL to do the design for us - he's a Graphic designer and has wanted to help us with the wedding.  So we asked. He said yes. He gave us a site to provide him the color we want. We did, and the picture and wording ect.  He said he couldn't do it the first weekend because of other freelance work - understandable - and that he's have um done this past weekend.  Now I'm biting my nails because no word from him and it's Wednesday and we have no STDs or even an update. 

......I told FI he needs to email him this time, not me.  We're going to be out of town for 10 days and I was really hoping we could bring our STDs to my family out east.  Doesn't look like THAT'S happening because we don't have a design to even look at printers and...yeah.

I'm really kicking myself for breaking my rule.  And now I'm like "well, looks like we'd better give him the invite info NOW so that we have them ready to go by March like we want to show my mom."

Ontop of all that I'm dealing with crap on my side of the family - that I'll have to deal with when I get back east.  Hmpf.

...sorry for the rant

Re: Rant: STDs

• edited December 2011
    aww LGM I'm sorry :( Sounds like a frustrating week for you  :( 

That's definitely why I didn't have ANYONE help me with wedding stuff besides my aunt (because she's as anal as I am with planning parties/events). That's so annoying.. Guys are even worse at procrastinating than women are >_<

Where back east are you headed? When do you guys head out? *fingers crossed* that he pulls through for you! :/ 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_short-rant-stds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:3899b814-6e3c-4303-a60a-23229388dfc8Post:25a37f96-297b-4169-96e1-0dc78c929f27">Re: Rant: STDs</a>:
    [QUOTE]aww LGM I'm sorry :( Sounds like a frustrating week for you  :(  That's definitely why I didn't have ANYONE help me with wedding stuff besides my aunt (because she's as anal as I am with planning parties/events). That's so annoying.. Guys are even worse at procrastinating than women are />_< Where back east are you headed? When do you guys head out? *fingers crossed* that he pulls through for you! :/ 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

We're surprising my mom (it was going to be my whole family but in order to not cause stress we told them) and going back to Maryland, where I'm from.  We're also taking mom up to NYc for 2 days.  We fly out the 23rd, so maybe I can get a few printed.  I think I read somewhere that the UPS store was a good printer and someone I know works for Kinkos/FedEx and told me how to get stuff printed there.
  • edited December 2011
    That's so awesome! I'm super envious! 
    We're trying to get station in Maryland next! 
    Aww you're mom is going to be so thrilled :) That's a long trip! We're headed to Chattanooga, TN soon to visit H's family. I LOVE spending Christmas with his family. 

YES. I love Kinkos/FedEx. They are fantastic. I had my menus and wedding programs printed through them. I also have a photo album through Snapfish (kinkos). You won't be disappointed. You still have a little time.. He'll probably wait until the last possible moment, but I bet he gets it done :) 
  • LGM22LGM22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of MD are you hoping to get stationed?  I'm pretty familiar with most parts and can help you out - mostly.  I haven't been there in 4 years but I know it still mostly!  If he's naval - I'm thinking I recall that - I'm guessing Annapolis?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards