Washington-Seattle
Options

Vendor RANT (long)

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on this board in almost a year since my wedding! I have to vent though to someone who will "get" it. I ordered my wedding cake from Wendy at Dimensional Desserts last June and received the WRONG wedding cake. Yes, you read that right. On my wedding day after the planning, the cake tasting, the contract - I was delivered the wrong cake. Fine. No need to let that ruin the day and she did bake us a "make up" cake. 

Flash forward to a year later when I email her a few days ago to ask her to bake our top tier because she said at our tasting that was a service that was included instead of having her customers eat frozen cake. She wrote back that it would be $15 and doesn't include delivery. Um, ok so now you delivered me the wrong wedding cake and you weren't up front about your fees. I wrote back about how upset I was that I didn't get the wedding cake I dreamed of on my wedding day and now I feel that I am losing out on eating the cake on the one year anniversary tradition and haven't heard anything back from her. I could have frozen some of our cake...from the make up one that was right, but didn't because I thought it was taken care of.

Re: Vendor RANT (long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry.  Think of it this way - do you really want to eat cake made by such a person on your first anniversary?  Congrats on year #1! :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tygirljojo! I'm glad to see a familiar face here. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry:( That would be horrible. You should order a cake from Kelli. She is sweet and makes amazing cakes:) It can be another make up cake!
    http://kelliscakecreations.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i agree with pp... trisha-i was TOTALLY gonna say that! buy a cake from kelli!!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol, there's a few of us still floating around. ;)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi vanessa! sorry your had a bad expereience...  ditto tygirl~ you don't want to eat cake made by her anyway, right? did you YELP about her? i would, then send her a link to it. i will ditto having kelli make a cake for you~ explain your situation to her, and just re-make your wedding cake in a mini. kelli rocks.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh. Thanks for the heads up. I would say, to heck with it. Go out to a schmancy place and get a fresh dessert with some cocktails.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards