July 2012 Weddings
Options

Checks!

I feel so productive this weekend.

I went shopping with my mom and Aunts. We picked out three choices for a FG dress. Now its up to the FG and her mom (my cousin and her 3 year old) to pick one. We also decided what the RB (FG's twin brother) will wear. He'll have slate gray short pants and a lavender shirt and possibly a slate gray vest. This will match the GM.

We sat down with my Uncle and he gave us a budget for the rehearsal dinner. Now we have to find a place, but thats so much easier with a guest list and budget.

We FINALLLY have an Officiant!!!! So excited to have this done. My Aunts (mom's sisters) are going to do it. The law here in NY is really ambiguous though so we'll do the legal part the friday before and then have my Aunts do the ceremony that everyone sees. I'm so happy, they can do the hebrew that I wanted (which is why I didn't want a judge) and it will be so personal.

Also, since my mom and I both have the whole week off, I'll have a lot more done this week. So glad everything is coming together.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Checks!

• Options
    Ring boy's outfit sounds really cute!  Yay for your checks!

Have you looked into the universal life church?  I live in New York City and my friend is getting ordained on-line and then marrying us. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Yeah that's what my Aunts are doing. But no one, including every legal office we can think of and every online source, can tell me officially if it's legal. So we'll just do the legal part separately to be sure.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    From what I've understood you get the online registration and then they send you some kind of letter.  You take this letter to city hall and they register you.. 

If you are already going to be married when your aunts do the blessing there really isn't any point of them going through the trouble of spending the money (it's only like $15 but still). What they will be doing is part of Jewish tradition and they don't have to officiants to do it.
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, the NYC law is actually different from the rest of the state. Up here they don't have to register, which for some reason means its impossible to tell if its legal. Even the website where you get ordained doesn't know. And yeah, they may not do it online since they don't have to for the legal part. It's up to them.

• Options
    michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Yay! Those are some awesome checks.  Your ring bearer sounds so cute.  I'm glad you are getting the ceremony you wanted, I think you were pretty stressed out by that.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Awesome checks and I think the RB will look adorable!  Yay!  I cant wait to see some FG dress pics!!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards