Washington-Seattle
Options

photog at reception

How long into your reception is your photog staying. Until cake cutting? Until you leave? Trying to decide if we want ours for 7 or 8 hours and can't make a decision to save my life today! We are having a dueling piano show but I'm guessing our guests can take photos after the photog leaves?
Photobucket

Re: photog at reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'd do more if you can afford it. ours is staying for everything to be done. :) she will be there until 930 or 10.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing 6 hours of coverage, but I dont know what time our wedding is starting at so I cant tell you how late that is!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I added extra hours to my package, to make it 8.  Since we'll be taking pictures for 3 hours before the ceremony, I wanted to make sure there was plenty enough time for her to be there during the big event.  I feel like there's a big difference between what she does & guest snapshots, so like sarack said, if you can afford it, go longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Koolkay83Koolkay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours are working from getting ready and till we leave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We added an extra hour with Jenny, so we had her for a total of 9 hours, from noon-9pm.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours offers a 7 hour package, but we are starting photos 3.5 hours before the ceremony and therefore she will likely stay longer. She'll just bill us for an extra hour.
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had ours until the end.  Although you don't mention it, is it because of the cost?  What's the difference between 7 and 8 hours?  If it's not that much, then I would say it's worth it.  If it would mean you couldn't do something else you really wanted, then maybe 7 hours is ok.  All those other things can factor in.
  • Options
    MerryfjMerryfj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a roughly $250 more we can have her until the reception is 30 minutes from being over. I won't have to worry about her missing anything and what are the chances I'm going to regret having her there? I don't know why this is such a tough decision!! My brain is fried! Thanks for your input girls. You only do this once so you might as well capture the moment!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say do it.  I say this all the time, but DH would always remind me that we'll only do it once and he didn't want to save a little here or there if it meant missing out on something we could never do again.  It's better to not have any regrets and go all out IMO.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Merry-
    I sent you a PM about the pianos.

Kristen
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards