Washington-Seattle

Best and Most Random/Worst Presents

What were the Best and Most Random/Worst presents you received for Christmas this year?

And go.....
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Best and Most Random/Worst Presents

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best:  Cash and Checks Money mouth  These are very much needed
    My FMIL really put in a lot of effort/thought into my gift(s) too, I especially love the blue and white polka dot cardigan she got me (polka dots are part of our "vintage/rustic" theme, and I know she remembered)

Random:
    Gift card to Applebees from my dad.  I didn't even think we were exchanging gifts this year, because we aren't on speaking terms, but he left a X-mas card and the gift card for me at my mom's.  There isn't an Applebees close by where FI and I live, but I guess this is a sign that he's going to be less douchy from here on out.
    My FMIL also gave FI and I a ton of beer paraphernalia, specifically German beer paraphernalia.  FI and I are known to be sauce-bags and love beer, but neither of us are fans of German beer (we prefer Browns, Black IPAs, and generally good microbrews).
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Best: Bodybugg! :) excited to get to start using it.

Worst.......hmm......I am not sure I got a bad present this year! :) A random gift was that I got a $30! gift card to starbucks from FI's aunt and uncle. We never get them gifts because they aren't much into gift-exchanging.....but was very surprised that they got each of us $30 cards!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Best: FI got me a Kindle! I am loving it! Right now I'm only reading free books I can find on Amazon because I'm broke as a joke :o) Also, my parents gave us cash, which we'll be using toward our new house, but my mom told me she was going to do this earlier.

Random/Surprising: FI's mom sent us this beautiful handmade wooden cutting board. It has an intricate inlay pattern down the center. I had seen it at the Farmer's Market in Fairbanks where she sells her pottery while we were visiting this summer. I thought it was so cool when I saw saw it and I'm so glad she remembered!

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas!
    Anniversary
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best:  My parents got us two pieces from our luggage set on the registry!  I love them and can't wait to pack them for they honeymoon :)  

Surprising:   FI's mom got us silverware off our registry which totally surprised me.   He told me his family wasn't really big on gifts, so I wasn't expecting anything.  Bonus--FI hadn't seen the ones I picked out yet, but he loved them too :)

Worst:  I think the only thing I can complain about is a bathrobe my grandma and aunt got me, I love it but it is way too big, I don't know what they were thinking!  At least it's comfy though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards