South Asian Weddings
Options

back from india!!

Hi...
I am back from india (well got back on the 31st) but I have been working since then. 
I wish I had an extra week two weeks was defn not enough.. didnt get to do anything but shop.. I eneded up in a one shop alll day dindt even realize they had stayed open after 8pm for me- we didnt leave until 9:30... felt so bad... my time went by so fast but happy I got all my outfits!
If I had one more week, I could have gone with my FI and pick out his outfits.. I have a feeling that we do not match, even though he had some of my peices, and helped pick out my outfits...
My advice to anyone going to india or in the future- ask some locals which stores are good- because when I went most of the stores my aunts went like 2 years ago are now not that popular and do not have alot of stuff, compared to the ones that are "hot"now.  I spend a couple hours at stores that my aunts told me to go to- but they didn't have what we wer elooking for or at least they were not showing me anything good.  While some of the popular stores, they went all out. 
Plus point- I got all my shopping, my mom, my 3 aunts, my grandma, my 3 sisters, and 4 cousins shoping done!

Re: back from india!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Yea it's hard to judge your time when you are in those stores. Glad you got everything you needed.

• Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats....:)

I didn't go to india for my outfits so I'm just curious... 

How did you bring all that stuff back?  Arey you having it shipped?

I'm sure our reception dresses are filled with beads and crystals and mine even had tulle...i couldn't hold it with one hand (it was too heavy!!) and I was told not to fold it ...just keep it in the clothing bag and on the hanger lol
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MrsBM, if you didn't go to Indian where did you get all of your bridal outfits?  I'm also tryin to avoid a trip to India, but I want to make sure I go to some good stores in the US that actually have trendy lehengas and stuff.  Your suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Options
    mimosa1977mimosa1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nnac4116--

You can always just order the material online and get a tailor in the US replicate the design so it will come out the way you want it to be...just a thought
  • Options
    reshma82reshma82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had my two parents with me so we had 6 suitcases to put outfits in.. i put my wedding outfit in my carryon and took that.  I did have a few of my outfits mailed, they mailed them to my house in about a week- week and half.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards