South Asian Weddings
Options

Engagement Recap *** Teaser pic***

I posted this on my local board. It kind of sums up the event so I thought I'll repost it here! Thanks for reading!

I think every bride should have to do this. Honestly, it gets you completely prepared for the wedding and I think I have a better perspective on the wedding now. It was a blur and I can't wait to get the pics back. Here are my reviews and should explain most of the day. Once I get pics I'll AW them.

Ceremony: Sisters of the Holy Family of the Nazareth A++
This site was a beautiful as everyone said. The chapel is small, but any Chapel is Small. The sisters were wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better site to have the ceremony.

Reception: Jubliee banquet hall - Carrollton: C -
The owner is HORRIBLE!! He tried to add fees to the contract and thought I wouldn't notice. He was down right rude and told me to just have my party and leave. This was all the night before the Engagement. He then said he wouldn't be there the day of the event, apparently I paid for the hall not him! Hoenstly, who says that and what kind of shady business practice is that? His "bust boy" was there and somewhere during the conversation the guy became the General manager. Ridiculous to me. The only reason he didn't get an F was because the hall did look nice that day and I didn't have to worry about anything once I got there and he wasn't there the whole time like he said. Would not recommend this place anymore just because of the owner.

Backdrop and Rentals: Rental stop A+
They were easy to pick up things with, return and overall just to deal with. I have no complaints.

Catering: Pasand Indian Cuisine - A+
Great!! All the food was delicious. I was worried about it being to spicy for some people but the biggest baby in spice said it was just fine for him. They delivered every thing on time and hot. There was enough food for people to get seconds and for us to even take home.

Photography: Monica Salazar - A+
I can't wait to see the pics. Monica was there on time. She was taking all the pics I think we needed. Won't know until we get them back. She was very sweet to my family and friends who were all crowding around wanting pics. She said professional and I'll probably write more once I see the pictures.

Alexis hair Salon -- F
If I could rate them lower I would!!! I showed up at 8.05 am for my hair appointment at 8am. After banging on the door for 10 mins the owner shows up and opens the door, but he only does color and cuts not updos. The updo lady was in DOWNTOWN Dallas stuck in traffic. They are in the Duncanville/Arlington Area. It would have taken her at least 30 mins. I left crying. Never ever trust them. They were booked for the wedding and obviously they are off now.

Regency hair Salon/School -- A++
My wonderful sister/MOH called all the places we had thought about for the wedding. This place had an opening at 9am. I got coffee tried to calm myself down and got over there. We asked what they could do in 30mins and they put two people on my hair and got it done in 30 mins!!! I was out of there at 9:30am. I was 30 mins behind schedule the whole day, but I didn't care. These ladies were wonderful and I only paid $25 for my updo!!!!! I gave a huge tip and ran out of there. I can't Thank them enough!

My photographer only sent me one pic as a teaser. It turned out great and I really want the other ones! I can't wait.

Re: Engagement Recap *** Teaser pic***

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience with the venue and the hair salon, but it seems like the rest of the day was a sucess.

I agree that it sounds like it prepared you pretty well for the wedding itself. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  I can't believe the nerve of some business owners! I hope it's a beacon to steer away from for other brides!  At least you are engaged though :):)   This is definitely a great experience to prepare you for your wedding preparations and dealing with vendors like Raangoli mentioned :)

I want to see your pictures too :) 

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards