South Asian Weddings

Buying the Wedding Outfits

Hi,

I am wondering where you bought your wedding outfits from.  I'm not sure if I will have time to go to India before my wedding. 

I have looked at Utsavsarees.com and seasonsindia.com.  Utsav has gotten horrible customer service reviews.  Seasons India's measurement section does not seem detailed enough.

I looked in Chicago and did not like the lack of selection on Devon, customer service and bad prices.

Any suggestions?  Maybe I should just have the Lenga sent, and get it stiched here.

Re: Buying the Wedding Outfits

• SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sahil. Or, fly to Jersey or Toronto. I would suggest India - it's where I plan to shop.
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest if you can go to New york. I think they might have a bigger selection of what you're looking for. I'm planning on going to India the beginning of next year because I had the same issues you did. I don't trust the online stuff and in Dallas there is no selection.
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Toronto trip...tons of selection here (Brampton / Mississauga)
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third a Toronto trip, or NYC, or New Jersey if that's in your local :)  You get better selection, you can see the quality, and feel the materials... 

I went to Pioneer Blvd in Artesia, California where a lot of Indian shops resides.

I purchased my ghagra choli wedding and reception outfits in Sona Chaandi.  You can see the outfits in www.kand2k.com in my signature wedsite.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    I just wanted to say that before visiting these boards, I would have had no idea that Toronto had so many desi shopping opportunities!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It does Raangoli!!

Toronto - Gerrard St...has a ton....but also

Brampton and Mississauga (just west of downtown TO)

You can get everything here!  If you ever need to know where to go...just let me know!  

:)

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Roasted corn on Gerrard Street! You gals are making me drool now :(

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    I've never been to Toronto, not that I can remember, so if I ever do make a trip, I'll be sure to let you know Mrs. BM! :)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • bito42bito42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try bargello.com for ordering or just ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards