South Asian Weddings

Just got my wedding sari!

Which also happens to be the first sari I've ever owned...

For those of you who don't know me I am an American who moved to India to marry her Indian fiance. We are having two ceremonies, one in court and one in church later (we are both Christians). I'm wearing a western gown for church, but as it would be bizarre to wear it to court and I don't have it yet besides, I decided to get an inexpensive sari for court... I haven't bought one yet but wanted to anyway, just to have, and went out yesterday to get one...

And I ended up getting two gorgeous ones (buy one get one free sale) for 1299 rupees (about $26).

Now that doesn't include the petticoat and while it does include blouse material, it's both not made yet and will need to be lined. We'll be going to a tailor next weekend.

So here is the sari I'll be wearing as a lovely bride:

it's far more ornate than I expected and I'm delighted

(And here's the one I got for free!)

My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Just got my wedding sari!

• They are both beautiful! I am so glad to hear that things are moving along. Congrats!

How do you like India so far? I hope all is well!
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards