South Asian Weddings
Options

Saree HELP!

So I'd decided on two different sarees from utsavsarees for my bridesmaids.  They're inexpensive art silk sarees.  I wasn't sure if I'd get them in time, so I e-mailed and kept trying to call.  Anyway, no response on the e-mail and the number has been disconnected!  I've got under six weeks now to get sarees in, and I think it may be too late to get anything in from India.  I liked the idea of ordering online and not having to pay the high cost of getting a blouse stitched here.  Any other recommendations?  (I'm also freaking out because my lehenga was supposed to be in two weeks ago and isn't here, either, from a store in NJ.) 

Re: Saree HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you try their live chat or try their India number? I'm sure you have.I have purchased a few saris and salwar kameez suits on ebay. I had a great experience with the sellers lady.line and vadaamalar. Lady.line has mostly designer sarees that are a little tacky, but my experience with sellers has been that if I send a picture of what I want, they are usually willing to find what I'm looking for- just ask for pictures before you buy, of course. They do a great job with the stitching also as long as you give detailed instructions on what you want. Vadaamalar doesn't have a great selection, but they also do a good job with the stitching. Most are willing to ship expedited for an additional charge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    keep us posted on the outcome. I hope you get to reach them and get the sarees from utsav. I was keeping htem in mind as one of my options for my wedding saree. HmmmmI hope you get them!!! Good luck
    DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU ?If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?? M.B.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aquariogirl - I posted an update above.  I ended up finding some at a local store.  I never got utsav on the phone and never got a return e-mail from them.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards