South Asian Weddings
Options

One month away!!!

I can not believe I only have a month left! Any other 9/12 brides out there? It is really starting to hit me since we have family arriving from India starting this Friday... man! Time to start haggling those aunties and uncles about RSVPs...

Re: One month away!!!

• Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exciting!  that last month completely flew by for me.  Is your family staying with you the whole month before the wedding?  I was with my India family for about a week before the wedding and it was definitely a lot to handle!  :-)
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehe, it's kind of funny that you have people arriving already but others still not RSVP'ed. (Not "haha" funny). Ditto Meghana, this last month will fly by! Enjoy your time with your family; I know for me, that's one of the best parts of this whole endeavour!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    woohoo with family coming in...let the wedding games begin! its definitely a lot to handle but a once in a liftime experience...savor it all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Meghana -- they are staying with my parents but I don't have to be there all the time. I think the week before the wedding I will be there full time and there will be a TON of people staying there. And I think that one week of full-time family love will be more than enough for me!
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha that's how it was for me too.  They came a little earlier but I was only at my parents house the week before.  I LOVED seeing everyone and spending time with them, but it was definitely crazy.  But that adds to all the fun :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One month! Do you have alot left to do?
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of little things -- some last minute DIY things like OOT bags, program baskets. FI and I just started dance lessons so we need to get good soon! Also we need to finalize the program for the Sangeet and Reception, pick our songs for our entrances. FI still needs a Reception suit and a wedding ring. I'm sure there are more things that I can add to the list but I'm pretty calm... I'm sure it will all come together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards