South Asian Weddings

Need some ideas

So our wedding is in Jamaica.  Its on a Friday-but I need a "scheduled" activity for Saturday night?  Any ideas?  I can't think of anything! I think my brain is on shutdown from all things wedding...
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Need some ideas

• hotxnxicyhotxnxicy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how conservative your family/friends are but my cousin had a roast & toast dinner (informal) the night before their wedding. Their funniest friends/family took turns roasting them and it was a lot of fun and very memorable.
  • edited December 2011
    maybe a beach dinner? like have an area with stringed lights and a food? what type of activity? Maybe meet at a touristy spot in Jamaica that people would like to see? call the place you are staying and see if they can provide any idea or the venue sometimes they can help coordinate another activity like with local dancers and such. A friend of mine works at a resort in Hawaii and they would have it for weddings where they block off an area and have a luau. Usual day after activities are like brunch or lunch but since its in jamaica you can take advantage of the nice scenery and the ocean to have a type of "beach day".
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you set up some kind of tour for the guests during the day and then a casual dinner at night?  Or maybe you could check your resort's calendar - they might have some event/show scheduled for that night
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies. We are at a small resort-it only has 30 rooms-so they don't have any organized shows. We are actually doing a mini roast and garba Thursday night.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shoot, I was going to suggest garba.  I am jealous of your wedding weekend, sounds fabulous!I'm thinking everyone will be in the mood for low key since the last two nights will have left them tired.  So I'm picturing camp fires and s'mores, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure how many people you're having, but could you do one of those kind of sunset boat outings?  (Sometimes referred to as booze cruises, although I'm not sure how conservative your family is.)  It'd be something mellow but also something a little different (i.e., something you couldn't necessarily do back in the States). 
  • egoego
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say casual brunchy lunchy bbq at the beach. Or just happy hour and appetizers at the beach.Personally if I went to Jamaica, I'd like some time to do stuff on my own instead of having to go a lot of organized stuff. People who want to will end up doing stuff together after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards