South Asian Weddings
Options

*paging tejal*

tejal: would you be able to give me the name of your priest/church that you worked with for your ceremony? i am in eastern pa so nj isn't too far to at least explore some resources... pamelagtobe at gmail dot com, if you don't mind my asking! :)

Re: *paging tejal*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, he does not do weddings on any regular basis as he does special trips for healing masses.  He's a good friend of MIL, which is why he agreed to do our wedding, but doesn't usually do them.  Here is his website.  http://www.hisloveministries.com/Father%20John%20F.htmSee if you can find a priest at a university thru their religion dept, you may find someone a bit more "liberal."  The church was St. Bartholomew's in East Brunswick.  They may be more liberal for you.  My priest was not a priest at this church, but their priests seem pretty liberal, for the most part.  http://www.stbartseb.com/ I truly hope this helps you.  I hate seeing girls have trouble with the Catholic church, especially since I had virtually no issues with them.   
  • Options
    PamelaGtoBePamelaGtoBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you tejal...i really appreciate it. and yes, idk where all of these issues come from...it seems that it is either one extreme or the other....one of my oldest friends is actually looking to join the sisterhood to become a nun, so i emailed her for advice....didn't get what i was necessarily looking for there, either. oy. i have faith that it will all work out... and good idea with asking the university chaplain...that may be a better approach. i was also considering going to my previous parish to speak with the msgr there...it is a very diverse community, and the worst he will tell me is the same info. maybe it was better to have all the doom and gloom up front...it can only get better from here!!! thank you again!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards