South Asian Weddings
Options

Introduction

Hi Ladies,I started browsing the knot on saturday night (9/19) and stumbled across this board and tried to post but was super annoyed when I got the message that I had to wait 2 days for the site to validate my account!I just wanted to stop by to say hi and how great it is to find such a helpful and supportive venue during such an important/stressful time in our lives.Quick intro:My finance and I have known each other for over 2 years and we got engaged this past August. We're targeting a late June wedding. We're both grad students (I'm in Michigan and he's in Dartmouth) graduating next year. We do have some challenges in our planning process since he's Indian (Punjabi) and I'm Chinese and we're doing the main wedding/reception in Dallas and another reception in Philadelphia. The planning process always seemed daunting to me but seeing how organized and on-the-ball some of you are has given me a mental push to get things started.Looking forward to chatting with you all more! Sorry for the long post!   =)

Re: Introduction

• Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!  There are a lot of girls here who have done multi-cultural weddings, so I'm sure you'll get some great ideas! There are a few Texans here that could provide vendor recs...I'm not sure if there are any Philly brides, but there are some NJ ones (me included) who will have recs for vendors who are able to travel to Philly
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  Check out the South Asian bio (link in my signature) for lots of multicultural wedding inspiration.  There are definitely some bios of Indian/East Asian couples on there.  Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  The bio is super helpful-so def. check it out like pp said.  We have a great mix around here-and lots of great ideas.  Have you decided if you are doing 1 ceremony or 2?  I live in Houston-so if you need some recs in this area, let me know.  Good luck!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Many congrats to you! Good luck with planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards