South Asian Weddings
Options

Registering at BBB

We discussed this awhile ago on the board - Bed Bath and Beyond saying they give cash back for registry returns so I wanted to let you guys know its true! I finally got around to returning some items today and the cashier asked, "would you like to look around or get cash back?" Easy as that! Honeymoon money! :)

Re: Registering at BBB

• Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  They didn't offer us that!  We just returned something last week and they gave us a gift card back.  Although it wasn't total loss, because we just bought a new coffee machine this weekend and was able to use most of the GC toward it.We still have some unopened kitchen stuff from the wedding so if we end up returning, I'll make sure to ask for cash back instead
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meg, that's the exact opposite experience I had at BBB!  When I returned something from my bridal shower, I actually did want a gift card (what can I say, I'm a sucker for home goods) and the cashier looked at me like I was nuts.  BBB is really well known for its generous return policy.  Macys and Williams Sonoma only would give us gift cards.
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    D2M - yea it isn't a total loss.  We buy enough stuff at BBB that we can get use out of the GC anyway (especially because we get thouse 20% coupons in the mail almost weekly!).  I have heard that BBB is definitely one of the best as far as return policies go though.  I've heard that Target is a complete nightmare.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katie -- which BBB? I'll go to that one :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I returned stuff at BBB and got cash back too!they did ask do you want this on a card and I said I prefer cash!I did hear Target is a total nightmare as well!
  • Options
    scollatkscollatk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey sorry, deux, I'm 2 days before the wedding and haven't been checking much! I went to the new one in Columbia Heights on 14th St. twice and had the same experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got cash back last night. The cashier initially tried to put it all on a gift card, but we specifically asked for a check or cash and they gave it to us. (The cashier had to call a manager - he may not have had privileges to give cash.) One note, though - we didn't take in receipts. We took back some stainless that was on our registry but that hadn't come up as purchased and they wouldn't give us cash for that, saying that it must not have been bought at BBB. They also seemed to have some glitches where a few things we registered for and that showed up as purchased on the registry were not coming up as registry items in the store computer. These were definitely bought at BBB because they were shipped to us at home. We had a hard time getting them to give us cash for those but they finally did.
  • Options
    katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoops! apparently my mom has a knot account, too! I am at parents' house and assumed I was logged in as me. SCOLLATK post was from me. ha ha They told me the same thing re: something they thought was not from registry. Glad you got the $ eventually, sister!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to be confusing - they didn't give us the $ for the things not showing up as purchased on the registry list. They did give us $ for those inexplicable ones that weren't coming up as bought from BBB in the in-store computer. We went back again yesterday to take back one more thing and again they started with the gift card or exchange question. But we asked for cash and it was not an issue. We ended up with some store credit (plus a gift card or two) from BBB. I'm thinking about taking back a few things we want from Crate and Barrel that they also sell at BBB and then purchasing those things at BBB with the store credit. We may get $ from C&B, and even if we don't I'd rather have store credit there for furniture, etc. Plus we can use the 20% coupons at BBB when we rebuy it, so it seems like we'd come out ahead. But everytime I think about this I think how greedy-ish and convoluted it seems.
  • Options
    mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for posting this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards