South Asian Weddings

Album prices

Hi ladies, Was curious what are the average prices for wedding albums. I just talked to my photographer today and she's offering a 12x12 40-side album for around $1200. The print/paper/quality/layout were all amazing but I have no idea if that's over/underpriced. (My photographer's based in NYC, so I'm guessing her prices would be higher!)

Re: Album prices

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That seems about right to me.  I feel like bride/groom albums are usually $1K+ (while parent albums are usually a few hundred).  We had a basic album included in our package, but if we want to upgrade it will end up costing us close to 1K more (for additional pages, different size album etc.)So to me, that seems like a good price.  But we're just going to stick to the album our photog included in the package and I'm going to be making additional albums for us and our families either on mypublisher or mpix.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Meghana :) It's good to know that approximately $1k is what we should be expecting! If we do get an album done, it'll be just the one and we'll make the parent albums either in India or attempt to do it ourselves through mypublisher or shutterfly or something. Although the great advantage in having the photographer do it is that she takes care of the layout - I'm making a small album on shutterfly as a gift for someone and it's making me ages trying to decide which pictures to use!
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean!  We took so many beautiful pictures on our honeymoon in Hawaii and I wanted to make an album.  Mypublisher is easy to use, but we must have taken over 1000 pictures and it's so hard going through all of them.  Also, I've seen other photographers charge $2-3K for an album.  So that definitely puts things into perspective!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow-they are pretty steep. Not sure if you got the rights to all of your pictures-but if you did, a few professional photographers on the DW board use http://www.mpix.com/ to make albums. They said it is alot cheaper that having the photographer make the albums.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer showed us the difference between the professional albums and the consumer ones that mpix, blurb, and mypublisher offer. the ones she uses are called leather craftsmen and they are not all leather they have beautiful artisian cloth covers as well. If you are wanting the 30-40 image flush mounted hard cover album with the rounded corners, they do go for around $1200 and that is average. When I was looking at over 5 different photographers that price was pretty standard. What you have to ask is how many revisions do you get? That is what I think would be very time consuming, to give the layout and then have myself and my sister and mother want to swap things around or replace pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards