South Asian Weddings

Indian food

Our resort is willing to make some indian food for the reception...what are some good appetizers, hors d'oeuvres, entrees that I can suggest? I need something relatively easy to make-I don't cook this stuff-but love to eat them! mango lassi pakoras samosas kebabs I can't seem to think of too many...
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Indian food

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of these should be easy enough as long as their provided with a good recipe and have access to the ingredients to make them - Apps:Chicken tikka/Malai Chicken/Chicken KebabsKaju RollsPaneer kebabs or Chili PaneerA samosa chaat (or other type of chaat) stationVeg and non-veg kati rollsSpinach PakoraEntrees:Any curry with Paneer (makhani, spinach, etc.)Chicken tikka masala probably wouldn't be too difficultNavrattan Korma might not be too bad either since it's essentially vegetables in a cream sauceChole/ChannaMaybe they could attempt some sort of DaalRaita, Naan and RiceI'll try and think of some more.  Man, I'm hungry now.  Probably not the best thread right be lunch :-)
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    correction - right before lunch
  • edited December 2011
    All that sounds awesome.  What about something super simple like having one of those spicy snack mixes (chaat) at the bar (in lieu of peanuts or whatever).  You can just got to the Indian store and buy a couple of bags of it.  My MIL mixes that snack mix with the (very un-Indian but super tasty) Asian snack mix -- you know, the one with the sesame crackers and the spicy peas.  I thought about doing this for our wedding but ended up just putting little bags of the mix in our OOT bags.  Big hit.
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm...what about a dosa truck. i found this site that showed that it might be a good idea below. my friend also had one come to her mehndihttp://marigoldsandmithai.blogspot.com/2009/11/street-food-galore.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards