South Asian Weddings
Options

Indian Shopping in Florida, where to?

To those of you from Florida- I'm heading to either Orlando or Tallahassee next week with my mom and we wanted to do some some more wedding shopping. I'm still searching for my reception dress as well as looking for sarees for a few close friends. Any reccomendations in either of these places? Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Indian Shopping in Florida, where to?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not Tallahassee!  I lived there one spring and there are quite limited shopping opportunities for non-SA clothing, nevermind anything specialized.  Orlando or Tampa (on Fowler Avenue there are several stores) would be better, with Orlando probably being your best bet.  Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but Neha was a Florida bride who may be of help.  I just looked up her bio, though, and it appears to have been deleted.  This is a Tampa-area SA web site that might give you some ideas: http://www.khaasbaat.com/  (Tampa is only 1-1.5 hours from Orlando)
  • Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There! There are quite a few indian boutiques in the Orlando area- specifically in the Dr. Phillips area. There are 2 on South Orange Blossom Trail. Unfortunately, we don't have a large selection of stores around here. GL & HTH!
  • Options
    couchmlcouchml member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heading to Orlando now. I'll let you know how it goes. We are going to the 2 on S. Orange Blossom.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards