South Asian Weddings

Indian clothes shopping in NY/NJ HELP!!

So I went to india with my fam, but we did not get a sari for my mom to wear to the reception.  So last week we went to Oak Tree rd (edison) and went to what felt like 15 different stores, no luck.

Does anybody know any other stores or areas I should check out??  I'm only really familiar with oak tree, so if there are any places in NY or other parts of jersey, please please let me know!

Thanks!

Re: Indian clothes shopping in NY/NJ HELP!!

• Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Oak Tree for the firsdt time a few months back and found my dress.  We went to every store right on oak tree, but no luck.  I found my dress on Middlesex and Oak Tree (on a plaza off of oak tree).  Those stores were great in every way, including no bargaining.  I highly recommend them!
  • Priya310Priya310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could always try Jackson Hieghts in NY.  i have never been, but I have heard good things.  We are headed there in a few months to look for jewlery.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep that's where I was going to say...Jackson Heights in NY ...the stores are a bit spread out and I don't know the 'good' ones - but definitely check there.
  • yazzy2010yazzy2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Off the rack on facebook by Mehnaz. She has a boutique in Toronto & has beautiful clothes. She usually emails pictures, the clothes are better! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards