South Asian Weddings
Options

NWR: Coastal Scent Eyeshadows

Hey girls...

Have any of you used Costal Scents eyeshadows?  or any of the other make up?

Do you like them?  Do you recomend one eye shadow over the pallete over the other matte vs shimmer?

Thanks!!

B
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Coastal Scent Eyeshadows

• Options
    edited December 2011
    B
    I havent tried these but it looks like they come in lots of colors in one pallete..sorry couldnt help you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a make-up junkie.....Here's my review. :)

I have the 88 color palette.  It's just ok.  For price, it's a good value and a lot of the colors are highly pigmented, but the problems is that they don't have much staying power even if you use a primer. I notice creases in my eyelids after a few hours when I use it. Unless you like to do colorful eyeshadow (blues, greens, hot pink, orange, etc), I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. 

The shimmer eyeshadows are "oily".  I really don't know how else to describe it.  They glide on very smoothly, but they look weird to me and as you put them on, you really can't understand how dark it is until the light hit's it a certain way. It's weird.  I was so diappointed with mine.

I have a few palettes by tarte and also urban decay avaialbe at sephora. I use those all the time.  I would recommend those, or individual Nars shadows over the CS shadows any day. I rarely touch the CS palette even though it has so many colors.

I hope that helps.
  • Options
    Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_nwr-costal-scent-eyeshadows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:1dbfac91-d730-4a51-bcb5-e064708441b5Post:fd47849c-f4cb-4c95-b12d-ae3dac386695">Re: NWR: Coastal Scent Eyeshadows</a>:
    [QUOTE]... they come in lots of colors in one pallete..Posted by jnsaini[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nicki... thats why I'm so curious about them :$
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_nwr-costal-scent-eyeshadows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:1dbfac91-d730-4a51-bcb5-e064708441b5Post:da0ddaa5-30c8-4379-8faf-db5321ded9bb">Re: NWR: Coastal Scent Eyeshadows</a>:
    [QUOTE]  The shimmer eyeshadows are "oily".  I really don't know how else to describe it.  They glide on very smoothly, but they look weird to me and as you put them on, you really can't understand how dark it is until the light hit's it a certain way. It's weird.  I was so diappointed with mine.
    Posted by mrs.khan[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review Mrs. Khan...I also read online that you can't wear the colours in the day time b/c they are too flashy...Also my friend told me that the shimmer CS pallette isnt good for the skin...have you heard that?

What happens if I mix a Mac matte base with one of the shimmer shadow from CS?

I noramlly use Mac Eyeshadows...but I've never been able to pick one of their finishes that works the best for my eyes... like veluxe pearl is good...satin I don't like ...i think some colours of veluxe are ok too....I use their mates for the natural shadowing so thats why Im kind of leaning towards the shimmer from CS

I have such a love hate relationship with make up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_nwr-costal-scent-eyeshadows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:1dbfac91-d730-4a51-bcb5-e064708441b5Post:1dc14613-2ca1-4dea-bfbe-dbfa930abb50">Re: NWR: Coastal Scent Eyeshadows</a>:
    [QUOTE]What happens if I mix a Mac matte base with one of the shimmer shadow from CS? [/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I have tried this before- I mean using the CS shimmer shadow with a matte shadow (I used Tarte), and it just didn't work.  It would completely work with a different brand, and I actually do it a lot, but the consistency of the CS shadow (oily) just didn't work with the matte shadow (smooth powder).  You could always try though. :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards