Washington-Seattle

hair/make-up

Hi everyone! I'm a FL bride but I'm traveling to Seattle in a few weeks to visit my fiance. We're having engagement pictures taken while I'm there, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as far as hair and makeup are concerned. Did anyone of you pay for this or did you do it yourself? I don't wear a lot of makeup on a daily basis anyway (powder, mascara, eyeshadow) but I'm wondering if I should do it up for the session or just be me. And if any of you have any recommendations on where to get my makeup done, please send them my way. I'll be staying in Bellevue.

Thanks ladies!

Re: hair/make-up

• edited December 2011
    Hello FL bride :] 
    Bellevue is a beautiful place to be staying, and a beautiful place to have e-pics taken! It is, however, one of the more expensive places in WA. You will probably be looking at roughtly 40-60 bucks to have your make-up done.

I had my makeup done for my e-pics, but did my hair myself... I love doing my own makeup, but I wanted to make sure that it would photograph really well, which is why I chose to do it myself. 
    It's totally your call. Do you like how you do your hair for special occassions? If so, trust yourself! If you want your e-pics to be more "naturally you" then DIY it all, they are just fun pictures, not wedding pictures!  I have had my make-up done by the MAC store in the Bellsquare mall right there, and they are fantastic.  I have no recs as far as hair goes though... sorry :/ 

Have you been to Seattle before? Are you moving here, or will he be moving down to you? :) 
  • Thanks for the advice! I was just thinking the other day about going to MAC or something to have my make-up done. But how does that work? Is it something like you pay to get your make-up done, or do you have to buy some products?

INo, I've never been to Seattle before so I'm very excited!! It'll be the test as to whether we're going to live there or have him come back to the east coast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards