South Asian Weddings

How much do mandaps typically cost?

I'm getting quotes starting from $4,000 and was wondering if that was high or reasonable for average mandaps?  I have no clue..

Thanks in advance!

Re: How much do mandaps typically cost?

• edited December 2011
    This is what our mandap package includes:

1. Mandap
    2. Mandap carpet
    3. Mandap Backdrops, draping,
    4. Bride & Groom Chair with arm rests x 2
    5. Side Chairs x 2
    6. Bajot (for pooja)
    7. Patla (for pooja)
    8. Kanyadaan Chairs (small chairs)
    9. Havankund (fire vessel)
    10. Chori x 4 (stacked pots)
    11. Carpet in the Aisle
    12. Aisle Displays on pedal stools up to 6-8 and matching bridal Gate
    15. Elaborate Foyer/Ganesh table Décor

However, we are getting 6 side chairs instead of just 2, and I think this is $4500, in Houston. We looked at other places and our cheapest quote was $3200 and the place we are going with was the most expensive... he originally quoted $4500, then $5500, but my FI told the guy he originally said $4500, and so the guy gave it to us for $4500.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds about right as a starting point and like AquarianDragon mentioned, it's not just for the mandap, it's for the other items you will need as well.

Don't forget that the price includes labor and their time to set up and break everything down.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • britishmibritishmi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aquarian dragon...our package sounds familiar are you using mandap creations?
  • edited December 2011
    Doesn't sound wrong to me.

We're doing more of a chuppah (a canopy with flowers wound around the poles), and we're not renting any of the other items that usually come with the mandap.  It's costing us $1500 for just that.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_much-mandaps-typically-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:2099b6df-d911-4819-89ce-0f38e22e2cabPost:23b412fd-649b-41aa-bb15-5973f0da712c">Re: How much do mandaps typically cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aquarian dragon...our package sounds familiar are you using mandap creations?
    Posted by britishmi[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#000080">Yep, we are.

Did you by chance meettalk to Smita @ River Oaks Flower House? I did not like here at all. FI's auntie tried to encourage it because she was cheaper than Mandap Creations. FI told his aunt not going to happen because I detested her, lol!</font></strong>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • britishmibritishmi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Aquarian Dragon,

may i send u a PM?
  • mkarmagroupmkarmagroup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    typical mandaps in NJ and NY running close to 4K-6K and depends on all the accoutrements.  It is not an easy task to select fromt he different styles and then go through the chair covers to the flowers and come up with in excess of 10K...but it happens.  A reasonable price in my experience is 1500-2000.  an average price is 3K-5K and an above average is easily 6K-8K. 

Then there are the 10K+ packages.

Khush Singh
    KhushSingh.com
  • bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the Ny/NJ area, I have seen mandaps range from $2000-$10,000. It depends on what you want in the mandap. You really really have to shop for the less expensive but the avg price for the most "basic" ones are about $3000. I was pretty shocked mandaps could be that pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards