South Asian Weddings

CONFUSED! Ordering 2nd lighter dupatta

hello, my original dupatta is way too heavy for my hair style, so i need to order  2nd lighter dupatta with matching border, i am very confused as to what size it should be, please help! thanks...

Re: CONFUSED! Ordering 2nd lighter dupatta

• I'm no expert, but wouldn't you want it to be the same size, just a lighter weight fabric?  It needs to be relatively large to cover your head, be pinned properly, and still look nice and elegantly draped.  Mine was a very light weight silk (almost a chiffon).  Could you have them make something to match in that type of material?
  • Thank you for replying, yes they can make it with soft net matching border and everything because I am having it custom made, however I wasnt sure about the size, was thinking maybe 80"x50"?
  • I measured mine and they are about 50 x 100.  I am 5'4" and wore them Rajasthani style (back to front), and I would say 80" would be too short for me.  You could try draping any dupatta or scarf to see what length you need.
  • Well one thing I did to have the look of the heavier dupatta is just to have that pinned normally on my shoulder etc., and order a smaller one (about 1.5 yards?) to only wear on my head.  I didn't want it pinned exactly like the other dupatta.  The place I got my outfit from draped a sample dupatta on me and I told them how long I wanted it based on that, rather a specific length.  

• MIne are about 50" x 100".  I am 5'4" and wore them back to front and I don't think 80" would be long enough for me.  You could [probably get an idea of how long it needs to be by draping one you already have as you will wear it for the wedding and estimate if that's enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards