South Asian Weddings

Was somebody's wedding today (Saturday 7/24) in Tampa?

FI and I were in Tampa this evening for a friend's birthday party. We were walking past the St Pete Times Forum (or the Ice Palace, whichever name you're using) when said friend saw a white horse across the street. Sitting on the horse was a man in a yellow(ish?) outfit and a red sash and turban. Large crowd, a couple photographers. I thought it looked suspiciously like a wedding, and then the drums started. FI said that it "looked like a Punjabi wedding."

So I thought I would nose around here - did someone from these boards get married in Tampa today?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Was somebody's wedding today (Saturday 7/24) in Tampa?

• SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No clue!

But...how have you been?
  • edited December 2011
    Busybusybusy. Got all moved in on Wednesday, and since then things have been so harrowingly stressful that I spent Sunday secretly wondering if I shouldn't have stayed at my mother's house a little while longer. FI and I are fighting, FI and J (a roommate/friend) are fighting, FI is fighting with his parents, FI's parents are fighting with me and J. The only person who isn't fighting with anybody is Kidlet. It seems there is SO much miscommunication here, and so much jumping to conclusions and blowing things out of proportion. It's a wonder this family hasn't imploded yet, to be perfectly honest. Apparently I was expected to know and do things before I moved in that nobody told me, so I haven't been doing them because I don't read minds. I had no idea I was expected to cook for everybody on my first day here.

Nor did I know that I was expected to cater to FFIL's laziness. The man is 45. He's so lazy that he spends all day watching TV and he won't get off the couch even to feed himself. And he's been complaining that he's "lonely and bored."  And FMIL is irked that I'm not looking out for him and asking if he's hungry and spending time with him. I already have a child to take care of. I'm not catering to a lazy middle-aged man who just doesn't want to get off his butt when I have a disabled preschooler who's incapable of self-care (non-mobile and can't feed himself) to worry about.

There's talk of putting this house up for rent, or possibly selling it because FMIL is tired of home ownership, and moving everyone who's currently in it into apartments. So I'm not sure if I should allow myself to get settled yet or what, because it's entirely possible that we're all moving out in a week anyway. My poor Kidlet has been having a rough time, too. He's very dependent on routine and schedule due to his disaibilities, so to throw a monkey wrench in everything, AND to have him stuck here with all the fighting and yelling that I didn't realize was a daily thing here, has been causing problems for him. He isn't sleeping well and his appetite seems to have all but disappeared - and he's already just a few pounds from underweight. Hopefully as we get settled and a new routine starts to form, he'll get back to normal.

So... there's that. It's stressful, and it's a headache and a half, so I'm really hoping that it gets better soon.

How have *you* been?
  • edited December 2011
    *Hisbelovedone*

Where in Florida are you located??
    I jst moved to Orlando and is going to start school in Tampa!
  • edited December 2011
    We live in Bradenton, but we were visiting a friend, who lives in Colorado and was in Tampa for an anime convention this past weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards