Washington-Seattle

inexpensive photographers?

I know someone just posted a photographer question, and I did already search the board to find some recommendations, but....

Most of what I'm seeing seems to start around $2500 and goes up from there. Are there any photographers in the Tacoma/Seattle area that will travel and are closer to $1000/$1500?

We have such a small and low-key ceremony and reception that paying more than that just isn't a possibility.

Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks!

Re: inexpensive photographers?

• Mine was Kristin Harris. 
    She was $1,500.00 and we got all the photos we wanted. It included
    -e shoot
    - all rights to the pictures
    - all pictures (about 1,000) 
    - two photographers

She was AWESOME to work with and if we did it again, we would pick her no questions asked. She was so sweet, cared about what we like, what our style is, what our insecurities are, etc. 
  • I'm using Rebecca Jane Photography - she is really affordable (I got a great deal of about $1,000 for 8 hours of coverage). We're only using one photographer for our wedding as it's also pretty small.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Appreciate you posting this question too! I didn't get very much feed back. It is crazy how exspensive photographers are in the area. I have the same situation as you, small low key wedding. Here are a few name I have come across: Dani Weiss, High Rise Photography, George Street, and Mariah Gentry Photography. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_inexpensive-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:4692768f-ebda-4371-89c3-8f1117b31f9fPost:2d98b0c4-9b1e-420a-9a85-c94e248347f1">Re: inexpensive photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Appreciate you posting this question too! I didn't get very much feed back. It is crazy how exspensive photographers are in the area. I have the same situation as you, small low key wedding. Here are a few name I have come across: Dani Weiss, High Rise Photography, George Street, and Mariah Gentry Photography. Good luck!
    Posted by JulezG85[/QUOTE]

<div><a href="http://www.photographybyjovana.com" rel="nofollow">www.photographybyjovana.com</a> is worth looking at. </div>
  • I second Tiffany--I'm booking Rebecca Jane Photography for only $900 because of a wedding show special, but her largest package normally goes for $1600. Her portfolio is really pretty, and she's really sweet too. :)
  • This photographer has several packages under $1500.  www.meganbiggsphoto.com  Best of luck in your search!
  • www.hqphan.com
    their site is being remade at the moment but the have a $1200 wedding photography special going on for Tacoma/Seattle Brides. 

I would email them for more details. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mjakephoto, you are not allowed to advertise your services here. 
    You make contracts, learn to read them. 
    The Knot TOS
  • http://carenmorrisphotography.com

Caren Morris Photography was $1500 for our wedding and we got everything we wanted. 
    -engagement pic
    -digital files
    -gallery for families
    -wedding day of

• I am using Viva productions based out of Shoreline, but they are traveling to my wedding in Tacoma.  They are 1400 for 2 photographers with 8 hours of coverage.  It included an engagement shoot and all of the digital files of all of my photos.  We are also using them as our DJ/MC. 

We have our engagement shoot on the 14th, so I will let you know how it went if you are interested.

www.viva-productions.com
  • I'm using Melissa Mason from Southern Charm in Tacoma. Here her package info:

My wedding package includes:

• Two photographers
    • All day coverage
    •  All edited photographs on a CD with full printing rights
    • (10) 4x6 prints (photographer choice)
    •  (5) 5x7 prints (photographer choice)
    • (5) 8x10 prints (photographer choice) Deliver to you in person or via mail within three weeks of wedding.
    • A two hour engagement session at a location of your choice (within reason of Tacoma)

My fee for a wedding is $950.00. I do request a deposit of half down to book the date and the other half due at the wedding.

Here is her contact info:

https://www.facebook.com/Southern.Charm.Photography.Tacoma

• Vanilla Bean photography is AMAZING! She did my friends wedding and I am DEFINITELY using her! she isn't expensive at all, plus she is super personable and takes amazing shots! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards