Washington-Seattle
Options

*therickson*

argh, i can't believe im such a dork and totally thought that kinmir was my dress twin when u are.

Repost:Im excited to have a dress twin! I think the ivory looks great on you.  Did you get the dress altered (besides fit). Im going to do a hint of a sweetheart neckline and bubble the top layer to show off the bottom so it looks a little more finished. Who are u using for alterations? Would u recommend them?

Re: *therickson*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hehe I love the dress and I think the light gold is so pretty! I am just a little too pale to pull it off! I am working with Deb Hedeen - She seems great! I like the ideas she had! 

I am doing a little bit of a sweetheart as well - What is this "bubbling the top layer" you speak of? I am interested =)

Here is the bustle she is doing - I LOVE it!!!

This is the veil she is making for me

• Options
    edited December 2011
    bubbling is a type of hemming where u you fold the fabric under and sew it leaving a little bit of poof.  Bridget at I DO Bridal showed it to me and it makes it a little more dramatic and brings in a little more texture.

Thats cool that u Deb is making your veil.  How are her prices? I have a recomendation for someone in Bellevue, but since Deb already has eperience with this dress, Id be more inclined to go with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think ok! I budgeted for $300.00 and it is only $180.00 for taking it in on the sides and top, taking up one point on the hem, adding a sweetheart neckline and putting cups in the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh thats not too bad.  Your taking in the dress? jealous. I ordered the dress 2 sizes smaller then the store's which fit just fine. When bridget took my measurements, i was only 1.5/1/2 inches higher in bust/waist/hips than the size 10 which i ordered. That seems doable in 5 months, but still im freaked out that im being too optimistic. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do it! That is the benefit of a corset though as well - It will all work out! I want to lose a little more weight as well and i only have a little time to have a wedding dress as my inspiration! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can't wait to see your pix of the big day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards