South Asian Weddings

Wedding welcome bags??

Hello Ladies,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.  When we started wedding planning months ago, my fiance's parents offered to put together small welcome bags for guests when they check into the hotel.  Now at the last minute (the wedding is a week away), they have decided not to do them.  I know it's usually the bride's family that takes care of this anyway, and I'm worried that it will look bad on our family if we don't provide them since they seem to be what is standard nowadays.  Any thoughts??

Thanks!

Re: Wedding welcome bags??

• rajsimrajsim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_wedding-welcome-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:4aace0d0-e448-4746-ae11-30ded08a67baPost:27ae8e9b-1a42-4569-a69b-157f26d05149">Wedding welcome bags??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Ladies, I'm in a bit of a dilemma.  When we started wedding planning months ago, my fiance's parents offered to put together small welcome bags for guests when they check into the hotel.  Now at the last minute (the wedding is a week away), they have decided not to do them.  I know it's usually the bride's family that takes care of this anyway, and I'm worried that it will look bad on our family if we don't provide them since they seem to be what is standard nowadays.  Any thoughts?? Thanks!
    Posted by desibridalgal[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Congratulations on your wedding. It won't look bad at all but it will be a "Nice to Have" thing for your guests. Let me know if you need help with anything. I am a certified Wedding Planner/ Coordinator and will try to help you.

Regards,
    Simer Grewal
    <a href="http://www.dwsimer.com/" rel="nofollow">www.dwsimer.com</a>
  • If you can make them, I'd say do it. It's a nice touch for the welcome guests. They don't have to be anything fancy. My friend got married a couple months ago and got some gift bags from the dollar store and put a wide variety of items in it. 

In the end, time is key. Given you only have a week left...do you think its possible to make some low-key bags?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards