South Asian Weddings
Options

OL Wednesday!

Re: OL Wednesday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You asked for it. Here goes a really long one.

Dear Other "Grown-Ups" In My House:

I honestly don't know how you people would get on without me. Since apparently neither of you knows how to keep up after yourselves, I'm going to write you a helpful little PSA on how to do basic housework. Because in less than two weeks, I'm going to have a baby to take care of and I won't be able to do everything anymore.

A. How To: Not Let The Sink Get Full
    1. Wash the dishes.
    In case you don't know how to do this, see B.

B. How To: Wash Dishes
    Part One: Single Dishes
    1. Put dish soap on scrubber sponge.
    2. Wet scrubber sponge and lather soap.
    3. Wash dish.
    4. Rinse dish.
    5. Put dish in drying rack.
    6. When dish is dry, put it in its proper cabinet.
    7. CLOSE CABINET DOOR (*ahem*, Roommate.)

Part Two: Full Loads
    1. Empty sink into counter.
    2. Fill one side of sink with hot soapy water.
    3. Fill other side of sink with clean water (hot or cold, doesn't matter). Alternatively, leave other side empty (see 5a).
    4. Wash one dish at a time with scrubber sponge.
    5. Rinse dish in clean water.
    5a. If you left the second side of the sink empty, rinse dish under running water.
    6. Place dish in drying rack.
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all the dishes are washed, rinsed, and in the rack.
    8. Drain sinks.
    9. Rinse washing sink and clean out the gunk trap. PUT GUNK IN TRASH CAN, NOT DOWN THE DRAIN.
    10. Wipe down the counter where the dirty dishes were.
    11. When dishes are dry, put them in their proper cabinets.
    12. CLOSE CABINET DOORS.

C. How To: Take Out Trash
    Part One: Regular Trash Removal
    1. Tie trash bag.
    2. Remove from trash can.
    3. Take trash bag outside and put in Outside Trash Can.
    4. Put new trash bag in Inside Trash Can.

Part Two: Trash Pickup Days
    Trash Pickup Days are Monday and Thursday.
    1. Take Outside Trash Can to side of road before 10 am when the truck arrives.
    2. After truck has picked up trash, bring Outside Trash Can back up to the side of the house.

D. How To: Do Laundry
    I've made this easy - all of our clothes can use the same detergent. And the few "delicates" that need washing can handle being washed with the regular clothes.

Part One: Washing Clothes
    1. Separate clothes into Whites and Colors (if you use the two-sided hamper in the bathroom, this is easy and can be done before Laundry Day.)
    2. Put clothes in washer - EITHER Whites OR Colors, DO NOT MIX THEM.
    3. MEASURE DETERGENT. This is an important step. Too much and the soap doesn't wash out. Too little and te clothes don't get clean.
    4. Add detergent to washer.
    5. Close lid.
    6. Select proper temperature (Whites get hot water, Colors get cold).
    7. Start washer.

Part Two: Drying Clothes
    1. Make sure the lint trap is clean. If it isn't, empty the lint trap. PUT LINT IN GARBAGE, NOT ON TOP OF DRYER.
    2. Put clothes from Washer into Dryer.
    3. Put dryer sheet in Dryer.
    4. Close Dryer door.
    5. Select proper temperature and time (Dryer handily has these things listed for you on the dials.)
    6. Start Dryer.

Part Three: Putting Clothes Away
    1. Empty Dryer into laundry basket.
    2. Fold or hang laundry as appropriate.
    3. Put clothes in their proper rooms/areas. Folded clothes go on the shelf or in the dresser. Hangers go on the hanging bar in the closet. Sheets and towels go on the linens shelf above the laundry machines.
    4. Clean the lint trap. PUT LINT IN GARBAGE, NOT ON TOP OF DRYER.
    5. Put laundry basket away.

That should cover the basics. Now for some specifics:

Roommate:
    1. When you clean your rabbit's cage, DO NOT LEAVE THE TRASH BAG BY THE FRONT DOOR. This is unsanitary and unsafe. it cannot POSSIBLY be THAT much extra effort to go outside, walk ten feet to the trash can, put the bag in and come back inside.
    2. Either get your rabbit neutered, stop letting him out on the carpet, or clean up after him when he sprays. If he sprays one more time on the carpet and I have to clean up after him, I'm going to re-home him.

Fiance:
    1. When you kill a palmetto bug, DO NOT leave it on the floor for Scamp to "clean up." If he eats one of those things and gets sick, YOU can pay the vet bill. And if he doesn't "clean up" for you, I have to do it and I can't easily bend down to pick up the disgusting bug you left on the floor. The next time you squash a bug, YOU clean it up!

I love you both. Now, please try to act like the adults you're supposed to be. I have two kids and a dog to manage; I do not need to be "raising" two more people who should have these basics down by now. You're both old enough to handle it without needing to be told how.

Love,
    Me

~*~

Dear Rose Dress,

Please crochet yourself. I'm too tired to keep working on you today. If you could catch yourself up on the five roses I need done but don't have time to do I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    The Tired Crocheter

~*~

Not-So-Dear Palmetto Bug,

Could you please at least have the decency to try to die outside, and not on my kitchen floor? I've already had to clean one of your kind off my bathroom floor today and I don't wanna bother with you too.

Thanks,
    The Person
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To: No one in general

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That is all.

Me
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member