South Asian Weddings

Indian Caterers in the Tampa Bay area?

Hi all,
I am wondering if any of you have had any experiences with Indian Catering in the Tampa Bay area? We are getting married in September and having trouble finding a good place to cater the reception. (We live in NYC, so planning is more complicated). Any thoguhts?
Thanks!!

Re: Indian Caterers in the Tampa Bay area?

• edited December 2011
    FMIL has a flyer for Sushma's Catering in Tampa on her fridge. I've never had their food, so I can't give you a personal review, but FMIL seems to like them. I don't know if they have a website, but here are the phone numbers: (813) 243-1522 or (813) 317-7291.

Edit:

Also just found these:
    Udipi Cafe, Tampa,
    (813) 962-7300, www.udipiusa.net
    Cilantro Indian Cafe, Tampa, (813) 983-8220, www.cilantrojax.com

Edit again: I don't know how long you'll be in Tampa, but if you're looking for a nice little Indian place for lunch or maybe the rehearsah dinner (ask about their times; I've only been there once - Christmas Day with FI and his parents - and they closed at 4 that day), Angithi Restaurant is fantastic. (813)
    979-4889, www.angithirestaurant.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nmcommonsnmcommons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I checked out Cilatro, and the food was good, but they are asking more than we want to pay. So I just wanted to find other options!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I used to live in Tampa and my husband (Indian) loved Taj restaurant on Fowler Avenue: http://www.tajtampaindiancuisine.com/

Udipi is awesome for vegetarian and South Indian food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards