South Asian Weddings
Options

Day of Timeline

I really wanted to be done with this task already, but you know what they said about the best laid plans...

Does anyone have a "rough draft" of their day of timeline? In my head here is what ours looks like, am I missing anything? Need to add anything?

8:30 AM - Hair
10 AM - Make up
11 AM - Sari Draping
:11:30 - 1:30 Pictures with FI, parents and extended family (formal portraits)
2 PM - Ceremony Start Time
3:30 - 4 Ceremony Ends
4 - 4: 30 - After ceremony pictures 
4:30 - 6:30  - Change and have makup redone and reception attire pictures
(Guests cocktail hour starts at 5:30)
6:30 - 10:30 Reception/Dinner/Dancing
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Day of Timeline

• Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Raangoli,
    Our wedding and reception was at the same location - two different buildings across from each other on the street. The wedding ceremony started 10 am sharp, and ended at 12:45pm.  We had the temple for the wedding ceremony until 2pm.  So yeah, we built in an extra hour.  If your pandits/priests have done weddings before, and they know how to gauge the time, you should be fine. 

The wedding lunch was held across the street (this is where the reception in the evening was being held as well) and we had it all day long.  If guests with kids wanted to go there, the buffet line was to be set up between 12 and 12:30pm, which worked out perfect :)

We had a very similar schedule to mbuhpathi -

- Bridal preparations - hair makeup, dressing started at 6:30am to 8:30am
     - Photographer arrived at 8am for first look of bride, and preparations in the bride's home - some family portraits were done here as well with whoever was home.
     - bride's family to temple at 9:00
     - baraat at 9:30am, and groom ceremony
     - bride walks down aisle at 9:55
     - Vedic wedding begins at 10:00
     - Wedding ends, meal time prayer, guests eat at hall til 2:30pm
     - bride and groom go off and take pictures on a mountain for portrait, maybe after pictures
     - bride and groom get ready for reception - 5:30pm
     - cocktails begin 6pm-6:45pm  (At this time, we were taking family portraits with immediate family)
     - doors open for reception to guests
     - parents of the bride enter 7:04pm
     - parents of the groom enter 7:08pm
     - new mr and mrs enter 7:10pm
     - reception begins, 7:10pm til 1:30am...

from this link: http://hindu.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_time-between-ceremony-cocktail-hour

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, KP. I had checked my previous post that you linked to prior to posting. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bells - I just PM'd you. Thanks!
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards