South Asian Weddings

Show me pics of your Wedding Invitations....

or the kind you are going to get?  Where are you going to purchase them from have have already bought them from?? 

Re: Show me pics of your Wedding Invitations....

• edited December 2011

My sis got mine done in india, I love her for that..since I couldnt go. She got them made in pink with brown writing on the outside.The inside is gold couple slits so I can take out some pages or add them depending on who is invited to what event.Me and her worked on it together. Here are the pictures.

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are pretty cool.  I was hoping that we wouldn't need to go to India to get the cards, but I have not found one that I liked so far being here.  Your card looks beautiful.  But let me get it straight, you have the option of adding the reception, mehndi information, if those guests are invited.  Or is that a seperate invitation completely. 

All the weddings I have been to usually had the reception the day after the ceremony and different invitations were sent for both.  My head is beginning to hurt thinking about all of these things. 

• edited December 2011

No mine has all different pages for reception, ceremony, mehndi etc..its all included in each invitation but I can take out the pages or leave them in depending on what event that certain guest is invited to...its good to do that because you sometimes want to be able to pick and choose who you invite to what event. Now I am having tough time for the place cards. :) so dont worry this stuff can be confusing its sometimes better to get opinion from a fam member
  • meelabeelameelabeela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww Jnsaini, we're getting married on the same day!  We have two sets of invites.  One we ordered from India and the other we made on Vistaprint.  I don't have any pictures to show though :(
  • edited December 2011
    Meelabeela
    Yay, :) 31 July 2010..cant wait..
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IJnsaini,  knowww!  I can't believe it's almost at the 100 day mark!
  • edited December 2011

We ordered ours from Indianweddingcard.com  The price and communication I was very happy with.  However, the only thing I didn't care for too much was their website info which got printed onto the back of every single invitation.  I'm pretty sure you can ask for that to be removed.

I just got creative and covered it up with some gold glitter.  Wink
  • mkjasanimkjasani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have time to go to India so I used Parekhcards.com - overall I was happy but it was a tough process.  You can order tons of samples from the different online vendors so be sure to do that - it helps to see the size, texture, etc of the invites.  Also be really specific - and even ask about the things you normally wouldn't ask for - ie glue on the main envelopes and rsvp envelopes!  (believe it or not ours didn't have any glue so we are using glue sticks for the main envelope!)  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from Parekh cards too and yeah I was surprised that the main envelope didn't haven't anything to seal it with!  We ended up getting larger envelopes to use as outer envelopes and we're using the envelopes Parekh cards provided as inner envelopes.
  • lovematchlovematch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The website www.paisleyquill.com has some amazing custom invitations they made for Indian weddings.  They have created invitations for interfaith couples or same faith.  The pictures of their custom cards are on their blog.  Click that link first!!  I got my invitations done with them.  They will add embellishments and personal touches to make them really unique.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_show-pics-of-wedding-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:5440da34-64d3-43dc-9344-3f097a09e80bPost:810897a6-b7ca-4348-9743-68489ee63c72">Re: Show me pics of your Wedding Invitations....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't have time to go to India so I used Parekhcards.com - overall I was happy but it was a tough process.  You can order tons of samples from the different online vendors so be sure to do that - it helps to see the size, texture, etc of the invites.  Also be really specific - and even ask about the things you normally wouldn't ask for - ie glue on the main envelopes and rsvp envelopes!  (believe it or not ours didn't have any glue so we are using glue sticks for the main envelope!)  Good luck!
    Posted by mkjasani[/QUOTE]

i just got some samples from parekhcards and they're beautiful!  i didn't even notice that they didn't have glue!  do you know if you ask them to put glue if they will?  also, you said it was a "tough process"..what made it tough?  any tips before i order?  thanks!
  • my wedding is soon. As I'm frm Australia, I din't have anyone who can get me wedding cards in indian traditional style. So, my friend reffered me http://www.weddings9.com
    they got such a large variety of beautifull wedding cards and they gave a new and special feature of onlyne wedding invitations and email invites. 
    So lucky to have them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards