South Asian Weddings
Options

Thank You Card Wording

Any good sites with sample thank you card wording? How do you thank guests that got you cash?

Re: Thank You Card Wording

• Options
    A standard format I use for a cash gift is this:

Dear X,

Thank you so much for coming to our wedding (or whatever event)!  DH and I were so pleased that you could celebrate with us. (If applicable, mention appreciation for traveling a long distance, etc., or other factors, like it was important to your parents to have them there.)

We greatly appreciate your generous gift.  It will be very useful in helping us set up our new home together.  (Try to be specific, and tell them what you will use it for, "We plan to get the coffee maker we both want so much," or "We look forward to traveling together and will put your gift aside for a trip to X.")
  • Options
    I did a very similar format.  We're about to go to India for our reception there, so the cash ones were easiest

Dear X,

Thank you so much for coming to our wedding and for your generous gift!  It was great to see you at the wedding!  (Insert something about seeing them at the wedding or how far they came or something that personalizes it).

Thank you so much for your wonderful gift!  We really appreciate it!  We are looking forward to our trip to India. I can't wait to meet all of Arvind's friends and family.  Thank you so much for helping make that happen!

(For non-cash gifts, I would say, Thank you for the  XXX.  I know we will use it often when we  xxx - fill in with something more personal than the obvious comment.)

And then if I could, I would write one more paragraph about when we'd see each other next or something about something going on in their life.

It was very much a formula, but I really tried to write something personal to fill in each area.  Good luck!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards