South Asian Weddings
Options

How many pre-wedding parties are you guys having?

Hi Ladies!

I don't normally post on here, but I'm Pakistani, and getting married this summer.  My mom is making me crazy because all of her friends want to have dolkis before the wedding.  I live halfway across the country from my family, and I've already agreed to fly in for one of these parties, and to have another one the Monday before the reception.  Now she's trying to get me to fly over there for a third one!  I feel like this is too much considering all the travel and how overwhelmed I'm going to be with all the planning.  What do you guys think?  Are you having a lot of pre-wedding parties?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How many pre-wedding parties are you guys having?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, Bells.  Every time I protest to ANYTHING, my mom goes on this whole rant about how I "hate" my culture.  I was particularly confused about this since I've already agreed to fly in for one of these parties.  :-).  I'm glad I'm not crazy.

P.S. Your engagement video is adorable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having two pre-wedding things that we're planning. If someone else plans to host anything else, that's up to them. We're only having a mehndi party (three nights prior) and a rehearsal dinner (night before). We don't have the money in the budget to host four days of parties, unless we want to push the wedding back to, oh, 2024 or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards