South Asian Weddings

wedding day jewelry

Hi all, just wondering what people's thought are about wearing a real gold set vs one of those artificial kundan sets to the wedding ceremony?  I will be getting a gold set anyway from one of my relatives which is light in weight but looks good enough to wear for the ceremony.  But I wasn't sure if gold has totally gone out of style and if I should get one of artificial sets that matches with my lehenga instead.  My lehenga is wine colored with gold and some green at the border.

Also does anyone know where to go in Delhi to get the artificial sets?

Thanks!

Re: wedding day jewelry

• rajsimrajsim member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Contact Simer Grewal from Dream Weddings by Simer and she can help you . She is great, very detail oriented and a perfectionist. She can work with your budget but still provide you an exclusive and elegant wedding experience.

Call :(216)502-5194
    E-mail:dreamweddingsbysimer@gmail.com

• Well, I can't speak for everywhere, but gold is definitely out of style in Jaipur and everyone wears kundun.  I had both types, but wore the kundun for the ceremony and main reception (it matched the lehnga).  I wore the gold set I received from MIL for the other functions (it matched certain saris better than the kundun did).

I wore the gold set for my SIL's wedding in Jaipur because I wore a black and red Kanchipuram sari which just really didn't go with the kundun set.  I was the only person under 50 wearing gold, and half the people were jewelers!

The nice thing about the kundun set is that there are the main clear stones and then colored drop stones, which you can change.  (In mine the drop stones are real, but I don't know if that's typical... you can also get fake ones in any color you want).  I have three sets of stones, so it's very versatile.

For shopping you can't beat Jaipur LOL!
  • I think this is a personal decision.  Many brides do wear kundan sets..although I have seen several wear gold sets.  I only wore a gold set for the wedding itself but all of the other events I wore kundan sets.  Kundan sets are very easy to match with different outfits.
  • I actually mixed the two and it worked well. The set I have is rather dainty so it mixed in with my costume set pretty easily.

I say wear what you like and what looks best with the lengha.
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards