South Asian Weddings
Options

Confessions/Lurker Thursdays

Hey Lurkers, Introduce yourselves today!
Ladies, let's hear those confessions, you know you wanna spill!

Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess- I had a rough 3 weeks...dealing with family and school is extremely difficult during Finals.. but I pulled through. Thanks to all of you for the condolences. XOXO!
    Its the last week of finals and I'm so happy to have made it this far. -sighs of relief-

I confess- I'm dating again. :)

I confess- I miss being on the board. but, im back!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great to have you back Steph.

I confess I want to plan this charity even more then this wedding how sad is that??

I confess that I won't be completely heart broken if I didn't get to go to India. I would hate hate hate to miss my cousin's wedding, but to be in the states without the rest of my family to bug me would be heaven! Plus, anything I need my sister could buy. We don't have similar tastes, but I have a feeling it would be a big fight if I tried to get what I really wanted anyways.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionslurker-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:8e79d840-63e9-406b-897e-b3cdd0e0f425Post:5a4e65e9-fb02-4b2e-b562-3b511be20193">Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great to have you back Steph. <strong>I confess I want to plan this charity even more then this wedding how sad is that??</strong> I confess that I won't be completely heart broken if I didn't get to go to India. I would hate hate hate to miss my cousin's wedding, but to be in the states without the rest of my family to bug me would be heaven! Plus, anything I need my sister could buy. We don't have similar tastes, but I have a feeling it would be a big fight if I tried to get what I really wanted anyways.
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

LOL! why??

Plus, we wont find out til tomorrow whether or not you go to India.
     *crossing my fingers*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionslurker-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:8e79d840-63e9-406b-897e-b3cdd0e0f425Post:4e9e18ea-7b64-46b3-bc35-be19165d74dd">Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays : LOL! why?? Plus, we wont find out til tomorrow whether or not you go to India.  *crossing my fingers*
    Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]

Becuase it's something for Nuns here. I just need a full break from all the pressure. Plus this is a formal dinner for all the elite people in the area!! A real high/formal event. It's just fun!

I know! My dad is going now tooo....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back, True! I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you and your family are doing well.

I confess I have no desire to be at work. I might leave in a bit. We had our holiday lunch and people all went home afterwards. I came back to work. Doht.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hello, Lurker here.

I just found this board after getting married in November.  DH is from India and we had weddings here and there and we've been back from India for almost two weeks.
    Since there's no SA Nest, I think I will be hanging out here with my questions about saris v. silwar kameez and the inevitable complaints when my ILs come for two month visits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I've been going a *liiiiittle* bit overboard on the baby projects to keep my mind off the crazy stuff going on lately.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mimosa1977mimosa1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess...I'm tired of planning the wedding...is that bad to even say??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Beloved - those onesies are beautiful! Your daughter is going to look sooooooo cute!

@mimosa - not bad to say at all. I think we all get to that point. I remember saying "I just want to get on it with it already". It's all worth it in the end, I swear!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    confession...even though we had that meeting with BIL/SIL and I feel like we can eventually all be friends in the back of my head I'm thinking "i told you so..."
  • Options
    mimosa1977mimosa1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    raangoli- don't get me wrong I can't wait to be married but we had really wanted a SMALL wedding only 50-75 of our closest family and friends but our parents weren't going for that and so we all agreed to 150-175 ppl.  I just feels like this is more about our parents at times than us.   
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionslurker-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:8e79d840-63e9-406b-897e-b3cdd0e0f425Post:9b173923-19f7-4b1c-bd62-6fc83b7a8cdd">Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just feels like this is more about our parents at times than us.   
    Posted by mimosa1977[/QUOTE]

I think that's what indian weddings are...Hubz and I also wanted a smaller sized wedding (in fact I would've preferred a destination) but b/c both the in laws and my parents wanted to have a say in the guest list...the size just ballooned.  Looking back I actually liked the size of the wedding...lol but the cost not so much...in the end it was all worth it!
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionslurker-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:8e79d840-63e9-406b-897e-b3cdd0e0f425Post:37dde1e6-330c-4c42-8e50-7dc0dc3c6443">Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess- I'm dating again. :)
    Posted by trueleo818[/QUOTE]
    aww cute!</p>
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionslurker-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:8e79d840-63e9-406b-897e-b3cdd0e0f425Post:9e1f2191-0dbf-44a5-8345-19c21f017304">Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE] baby projects Posted by HisBelovedOne[/QUOTE]

As alwasy Beloved you are so creative!  Looks great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionslurker-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:8e79d840-63e9-406b-897e-b3cdd0e0f425Post:9b173923-19f7-4b1c-bd62-6fc83b7a8cdd">Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]raangoli- don't get me wrong I can't wait to be married but we had really wanted a SMALL wedding only 50-75 of our closest family and friends but our parents weren't going for that and so we all agreed to 150-175 ppl.  I just feels like this is more about our parents at times than us.   
    Posted by mimosa1977[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. We wanted the same thing, but in the end we settled with having our max at 150 and 120 ended up coming, which was nice. It seems like a lot but it really is nice to see those loved ones all around you.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_confessionslurker-thursdays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:8e79d840-63e9-406b-897e-b3cdd0e0f425Post:9b4b347e-1c34-42d1-b033-a7e56c3b5601">Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Lurker Thursdays : aww cute!
    Posted by MrsBM[/QUOTE]

:) haha. a good way to end the year and kick off 2011..  i think
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards