Washington-Seattle

**blgrout**

Hi,

I went to the new Seattle Knotties site, because I'd really like to talk with other local brides/brides-to-be, but I didn't see a place to join in, so I thought I'd make a thread here.  :)

Knottie Name: blgrout
Wedding Date:  4/29/2012
Colors:  cornflower blue, gold, ivory
Theme: not really into themes, but there will be a vintage feel, and romance (LOTS of candles)
Bio page:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: **blgrout**

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and WELCOME!  It's great to have another Seattle Knottie Laughing  I have added your info to our Seattle Knotties Bio :  http://seattleknotties.weebly.com/index.html

I was also a vintage-theme Spring Bride, and I can't wait to hear all about your wedding!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!!
    How is the wedding planning coming along? Let us know if you need help with anything!
    What vendors have you booked so far? :)

Congratulations!
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello hello and welcome I am also planning a wedding for next year. These girls are awesome with ideas etc and just having someone to chat wedding with! :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Planning is going really well, we've booked our venue, the Antheia Ballroom in Snohomish, we have a photographer (HR NW Photography), and a caterer (a friend's mom who caterers weddings on weekends is doing our catering for the cost of food--FTW!), and I'm meeting with a florist next week.   

I could use some suggestions on a DJ.  We really aren't looking to spend a ton on a DJ, but we have no idea! 

We're also trying to get a family friend to be our officiant, but he lives 4 hours away, and I'm not sure that he will agree to do it, even though we're offering to pay his travel expenses.  If he doesn't agree to do it, then I have no idea who is going to marry us (and then...I will freak out).  lol

My MOH and I are designing centerpieces, and my graphic designer cousin is designing our invitations and stationary. 

That's a freakin mouthful!  Planning is fun :)  And I'm going dress shopping Monday and next Sunday---that I am really excited for!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man I just got married last week and Adam with Adam's DJ service was PHENOMINAL. He was so dead on, great at keeping everyone super fun and dancing, had GREAT game ideas to keep the crowd entertained during the down time... He was like a day-of coordinator. Amazing. I cannot speak more highly of him. :) That's my recommendation.  :P

I LOVE snohomish! We almost got married out there, but decided to go Bellingham because we wanted a water view (and it was a little cheaper). Well done on the pick! beautiful area! :) And that's fantastic news that you have found so many vendors so far. We used a family friend for the ceremony as well (she is H's old best friend). It was wonderful to have a friend make a nonreligious ceremony so personal for us since she knew us. Fingers crossed yours will work out! :)

Yay for dress shopping! Where are you going?

How's the centepiece designing coming? It was fun and easy to make cheaper center pieces for our wedding. I love DIY :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards