• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
South Asian Weddings

Where are you going on your Honeymoon?

Wedding planning (as I'm starting to figure out very slowly but surely) is very time consuming and stressful.

But there's nothing more exciting than planning a honeymoon!

Where did you go? Where are you going?

List the location you're visiting and the hotel you're staying or have stayed at - what did you do? What made the trip special?

We're still deciding. FI may each write down a list of ten places in the world we want to visit and compare notes!

Re: Where are you going on your Honeymoon?

• Ryan and I are probably going to the Himalayans. He's been looking at hotels and resorts up there. He's also possibly considering an island off the coast of India (I don't know their names). With us, he's going to be taking off work for our wedding if we're blessed enough to have a US ceremony, so we'll probably just do a weekend honeymoon for now and do a big trip for our first anniversary. So that's why it'll probably be the Himalayans-- it's a close but awesome destination.

I informed him that it's typically the groom's job to plan the honeymoon and he got really excited. :)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • There are tons of Islands near India that would make a great option. Mount Abu, Goa, etc, are all also beautiful destinations in India. Kerala in the south is also supposed to be quite beautiful, I had some friends go on a houseboat honeymoon that they loved. I hope you guys have fun!

• Well, we didn't really have one since we went to India right after the wedding.  It was an exhausting 3 weeks of additional weddings, and by then we were out of time, money and energy to do a real honeymoon.

Instead, around our first anniversary we took a trip to Peru.  We went to Lima, the Amazon, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titicaca.  It wasn't your typical honeymoon since it was very strenuous and not a resort-type vacation, but it was the kind of trip I like because we did a lot of hiking and saw a lot of things.

RyansBeloved -- there's so much to see in India!  I would love to see the Himalayas as well as the places Sonali mentioned.  Actually, I wanted to go to Mt. Abu this time, but we can't :(  Rajasthan has a lot to see.  This trip we are planning to see Ajanta and Ellora.
  • Yes, we love the idea of the islands, it's just if we only have three days, we'd possibly spend half the time traveling as we are no where near the shore. :) But we'll see.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • edited March 2012
    We went on our honeymoon a little over 2 months after we got married. It was combined with a trip to Disney World for a friend's wedding, so we stayed there for an extra day before we flew down to Costa Rica.

We really liked Costa Rica, but as luck would have it we both got really sick. Not sure if it was from the crazy weather change from a cold, snowy NJ to a warm, humid FL and a more hot and humid CR, but I hadn't been that sick in a long, long time.

It was so bad, that I had our hotel call a local doctor and went and got antibiotics and every other medicine that the doc prescribed from the local pharmacy. Mind you, I travel often enough and barely get sick, so it was really disappointing. I sort of laugh at it now since I slept for nearly 3 days straight and we both missed our honeymoon. But really, it still makes me sad and it's been over a year since we went.

We did get two decent enough days that we were able to enjoy, so that was something at least.

Oh well, we said that we'd hopefully go back someday.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • We're in the research phase right now...looking at Bora Bora.  Have friends who went and they said it's like paradise..

Would have loved to do Maldives but timing didn't work for us (rainy there in july which is when our wedding is and we're going on hmoon one day after)
  • We're currently researching too. We looked at Bora Bora (expensive!) and we just don't have the time since FI doesn't have too many vacation days. Now we're thinking Hawaii :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards