South Asian Weddings

Anywhere to order Jai Malas?

So the lady who was supposed to make my Jai Malas bailed and there really arent many people who do it in Cleveland. Anyone know where I could order them online or any other ideas???

thanks! :)

Re: Anywhere to order Jai Malas?

• edited December 2011
    A former knottie ordered Hawaii as her jai malas. They are shorter than traditional ones, something to keep in mind.

There have been good things said about a place called Fancy Florist in Buffalo NY that I think will ship them to you:

http://www.fancyflorist.com/

Or you can make your own - KPwedKK made her own and I am sure would be more than happy to tell you how!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    THanks Raangoli!
  • britishmibritishmi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you show any florist what a jai mala is, most of them will be more than happy to make one :)
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm chiming in late on this... 

Here's my post with many questions on a diy jai malas... LINK

I think the links still work! Hope that helps! It's pretty easy and straightforward... one of my close friends put ours together.  And to keep it fresh they were placed on a damp towel in a bag in the fridge drawers to maintainf freshness and it was nice and cool during the ceremony....

Hope that helps!!
    KP

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    i ordered malas (not jai malas but milni malas) from fancy florist along with jasmine ghajaras from them and they came out awesome! they only deliver on friday and saturday and delivery can be pricey since it's overnight first morning delivery via fedex...but i was really pleased with the products we received. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies thats really helpful!
    :)
  • Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of jai malas are the best to order? I will be ordering them from fancyflorist.com but I have no idea what would be better: carnation vs. mums vs. roses, etc. I'm not going to do jasmine because they have a pretty menacing letter on there about ordering jasmine malas in the summer. :)  Suggestions would be appreciated! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards